Trashed grounds maintenance truck

ShaneB

Reaction score
I don't post here too often but im going to try and get more involved, so heres one of my recent jobs :)

Little background story with this truck. I worked for a friend of mine one summer doing grounds maintenance work. So I drove this truck for the better part of a summer hauling a trailer, cutting commercial properties, spring/fall cleanups and mulch. It NEVER got cleaned besides just throwing some trash out, at least the summer that I worked. The truck was also used in the winter for plowing/snow removal
Fast forward a few years and hes looking to sell the truck and needs it cleaned up. PERFECT opportunity to really test out some of my newer products and equipment. Total time spent was about 4 hours, and it has no back seat!

Tools/Products
DP 8 gal Shop vac 1.5" hose and crevice tool
Daimer Kleenjet Mega 1000CVP steamer
Mytee HP60
Poorboys APC+D @ 15:1
Eco Green Carpet and Upholstery cleaner
Dupray Bio-Vap APC (steam injection)
Poorboys glass cleaner
Blackfire Interior Protectant

Besides the glass cleaner, all cleaners used are 100% biodegradable and non toxic

Before :eek:

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

Beautiful turn around

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Doesnt even look the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a great before and after

Looks like NEW! (How do you find working with the PW glass cleaner) ?

I love rubber/vinyl flooring in work vehicles. You earned your 4 hours pay and your friend got a deal, no matter what you charged him.

Looks 1000% better, nice work.

Constructive criticism:

You missed some dust/dirt around the transfer case housing. Just messing with you:)

I love rubber/vinyl flooring in work vehicles. You earned your 4 hours pay and your friend got a deal, no matter what you charged him.

Looks 1000% better, nice work.

Constructive criticism:

You missed some dust/dirt around the transfer case housing. Just messing with you:)

Heh, I was well aware of it. I do appreciate the criticism tho! he came out and put some mulch down for me and trimmed all the bushes in my yard in exchange for me cleaning his truck. So no money was involved. I was 4 hours into the job and was out of time and couldn't keep chasing the small spots of dirt that were being a pain.

nice work....you doing the exterior, too?

Thanks!

No, he's already listed it for sale and I wouldn't be surprised if it's already gone. It was a GMC 3500 converted to a dump truck. Not exactly anything that could really benefit from a proper detail anyway.

Looks like NEW! (How do you find working with the PW glass cleaner) ?

Works great, smells great. Can't ask for much more. I work in direct sunlight all the time so the fact that it's made for that is excellent.

Shane,

We have a Tahoe at work with rubber flooring. I've spent time trying to clean the flooring and it looks no where near as clean as that Sierra.

Glad you and your friend both got something out of each others services.

Bob

I call BS. That's a different truck -- same make and model, but different truck!

Incredible work, Shane.

While I initially cringe at first seeing these types of jobs I enjoy the final results because of the HUGE difference the owner sees! Beautiful work there, my friend.

I love seeing trashed vehicles get cleaned up like this. How do you like the blackfire protectant? I've been using aerospace 303 forever, but am always curious about what else is out there.

I love seeing trashed vehicles get cleaned up like this. How do you like the blackfire protectant? I've been using aerospace 303 forever, but am always curious about what else is out there.

Ive liked it. It works great and leaves a nice satin finish IF you buff it a few minutes after application. Not buffing leaves more of a semi gloss finish (yuck). Im on my last spray bottle refill from the gallon I purchased well over a year ago and actually have a gallon of 303 on the way. Should have it tomorrow

Wow I must say that was heckuva detail, well done, thx for sharing

Sent from my iPad using AGOnline

Wow that is impressive.

Wondering if you know how well the products you use hold up and reject/repel dust?
Or if you had experiences with exterior products in this kind of environment?

My own work truck takes this kind of abuse/assault from dirt, grime and poop. My overall end goal is something I can just rinse off daily and have it look presentable, while doing rinseless washes every 2-3 weeks and majors every 3-4 months.

Back