PDA

View Full Version : Use A Glaze Instead Of Over Polishing??

trhland
12-11-2007, 06:14 AM
im thinking of useing a glaze once in a while instead of keep polishing my paint. i know they say the p/c doesnt remove much clear but if i have scraches and i polish them out im removing something right? so i think a glaze every so often might not be a bad idea. just a thought

A1monky
12-11-2007, 08:11 AM
I do that with my black mitsu. The clear is soft, and I dont mind reapplying nuba wax all the time. The only glaze I have used is of the acrilyc variety...
If I polished my car every time I saw one swirl I would have no clear left. :buffing:

trhland
12-11-2007, 08:31 AM
I do that with my black mitsu. The clear is soft, and I dont mind reapplying nuba wax all the time. The only glaze I have used is of the acrilyc variety...
If I polished my car every time I saw one swirl I would have no clear left. :buffing:
i agree .

cls
12-11-2007, 10:46 AM
Can acrylic glazes fill in/hide swirls?

ScottB
12-11-2007, 06:15 PM
why not use a paint cleaner, like Pinnacle or P21S, that chemically cleans and does some light filling ??

trhland
12-11-2007, 06:30 PM
why not use a paint cleaner, like Pinnacle or P21S, that chemically cleans and does some light filling ??i have that and yes it works nice

A1monky
12-12-2007, 07:20 AM
Can acrylic glazes fill in/hide swirls?

Very light swirls...
It does not fill like a pure oily glaze. And the acrylic glaze lasts alot longer.

Fly bye
12-12-2007, 07:48 AM
im thinking of using a glaze once in a while
If you don't have any scratches, there's no need to use a swirl remover/polish. If your finish is in groovy condition, using a glaze once in a while is a good idea. You can also use your paint cleaner as well.

cls
12-12-2007, 09:23 AM
Thanks man.can you sugget a glaze that works well with IW845 or souveran and sealants like klasse or AW?TIA

i have that and yes it works nice

Very light swirls...
It does not fill like a pure oily glaze. And the acrylic glaze lasts alot longer.