restarting, are my products still good?

wakame

Reaction score
After 3 years of owning a white car, I finally bought a grey car. I haven't touch any of the products that I have (XMT, Wolfgang deep gloss 3.0, Collite 845) for over 3 years. They've been sitting on the shelves in the garage. How can I tell if they are still good or if I needed to buy some new ones?

give them all a good shake, look for lotion, creamy type consistency of the liquid. i've had stuff lying around for years, you should be good!

Some stuff never seems to go bad, some things go bad before they say they will. It's a crap shoot, just shake the bajesus out of all of them, maybe flip them upside down for a change. Try them. I would be prepared to throw some stuff away haha. Welcome back!

Why did owning a white car keep you from needing this stuff though? Just curious.

Some stuff never seems to go bad, some things go bad before they say they will. It's a crap shoot, just shake the bajesus out of all of them, maybe flip them upside down for a change. Try them. I would be prepared to throw some stuff away haha. Welcome back!

Why did owning a white car keep you from needing this stuff though? Just curious.

I had a black car that I spent too much time on. The white car never seem to get the shine I wanted, so I gave up. Just mostly wash and quick detail.

And remember that 845 can usually look separated.

Warm and shake before use.

Is your garage climate controlled? The Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 and the Collinite #845 should be fine after three years as long as they haven't been exposed to heat or freezing temperatures for long periods of time. Give them a really good shake before using them again.

Having a rancid smell is usually a
dead give-away to toss them away.

To add:
I'm probably not the only one that's
surprised that, after more than a
three year abstention from detailing,
you only have those three products
whose integrity are questionable.

Bob

Having a rancid smell is usually a
dead give-away to toss them away.

To add:
I'm probably not the only one that's
surprised that, after more than a
three year abstention from detailing,
you only have those three products
whose integrity are questionable.

Bob

other than those 3 main one, all other either tossed or used up. Time to restock.

Back