Need help with removing clear spots on the paint

aznwarrior03

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I got my 2018 S4 back in May and just noticed these weird clear spots all over my trunk and rear bumper. Any idea what it is and how to fix it? I've been trying to search all over and every search results in either sap or overspray and I don't believe it's either. When running my fingers over the spots, it doesn't feel bumpy at all. Maybe an issue with the clearcoat?

View attachment 59131

View attachment 59132

It could be an issue with the clear coat.

It's hard to tell, but to me it looks like some chemical splashed on the paint.

Is it just on the trunk?

Maybe have the dealership look at it.?

It could be an issue with the clear coat.

It's hard to tell, but to me it looks like some chemical splashed on the paint.

Is it just on the trunk?

Maybe have the dealership look at it.?

Thanks! It's on the trunk and the rear bumper. I've been meaning to take it to the dealership but thinking that they won't do anything. Doesn't hurt though.

Thanks! It's on the trunk and the rear bumper. I've been meaning to take it to the dealership but thinking that they won't do anything. Doesn't hurt though.
My son had something like this on hood and front fender of his 2013 Ford Focus. His looked like clear coat damage except he also had these spots on windshield. We were able to remove with clay bar and Meguairs Ultimate. We are not sure what caused it.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00XS using Tapatalk

Try to determine if it's above the paint. A photography loupe of 10x or so will let you see if it's convex or concave.

If above, a clay bar or prepsol type product would be a good choice.

Or, take it back to the dealer and let them take care of the problem.

Back