PDA

View Full Version : My shmitts are doing it again!

Pages : [1] 2

Brandon1
12-19-2007, 08:34 AM
I bought a new white/yellow shmitt, and a wheel shmitt about 2 months ago. I bought them for the purpose of using them on my truck. Now they have probably been used around 15-20 times. BOTH of them are starting to de-laminate from the backing. I thought this was a problem that got fixed??? It's kinda rediculous. I could be buying just some cheap-o mitt that will last as long, instead of paying almost $20 for 2 mitts.

Anyone else having this problem?

HighEndDetail
12-19-2007, 09:08 AM
sorry to hear that. The three that I have useed have never separated.(2 wht/yw-1blk)
The first one had over a hundred washes on it, had some war wounds on it. Then gave it to one of my customers to have. Now on my second wht/yw shmitt, with around a hundred washes going strong. Do you put it in the water, before you stick your hand it it?

Jimmie
12-19-2007, 11:31 AM
When the one that I'm using now had 60+ washes on it the same thing happened. The backing had a smooth band of hardened glue and the white part a little trench. I put a bead of "Gorilla" glue around the inside of the old glue band, and sit my buffer bag on it overnight. It has held like a champ for another half dozen washes so far.

MikeyC
12-19-2007, 11:39 AM
I have a white/yellow ShMItt that I bought when they were originally released at least a year ago. It has close to 100 washes under its belt and looks and performs like new except for a couple of gashes in the face.

ryandamartini
12-19-2007, 01:24 PM
wierd.

Mine has been through hundreds of washes now and its still there. :) I usually stick my hand in it first and suck the water in.

ASPHALT ROCKET
12-19-2007, 04:07 PM
Buy a couple of LC wash mits and your problems should go away.

Jason
12-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Brandon1,
Please send me a pm with your order number so i can send you some replacements.

sparkie
12-19-2007, 06:55 PM
Brandon, your hand is to big for them....:D

Brandon1
12-20-2007, 01:40 AM
Yeah, i'm sure they are :)

sparkie, i just noticed, you are from Gaffney! Me and my best friend drove from Raleigh, NC to Gaffney at 10:00pm for Krystal Burger. We got back to Raleigh at 6:00am!!! Had to wake up for class at 8:00am.

supercharged
12-20-2007, 02:02 AM
Shmitt is an excellent wash tool. I never had any problems with it, bo backing separating, nothing. My brother however had an issue with backing separated, well that mitt did have over 200 washes, plus he has big hands...

Wolf-Strong
12-20-2007, 02:07 AM
Just buy a SuperiorBilt Grout Sponge and be done with it. $2/sponge and can be picked up at your local Home Depot. I just LOVE them!

klumzypinoy
12-20-2007, 05:23 AM
My first Shmitt is still working like a charm for me :) this was bought in January..

sparkie
12-20-2007, 05:37 AM
Yeah, i'm sure they are :)

sparkie, i just noticed, you are from Gaffney! Me and my best friend drove from Raleigh, NC to Gaffney at 10:00pm for Krystal Burger. We got back to Raleigh at 6:00am!!! Had to wake up for class at 8:00am.
I'm really not that far from you. Did you see the big peach water tank?
We need to hook up and go to the Duragloss factory up your way. Love to see that place...
http://www.gaffney-sc.com/images/peach.gif

shadybreal
12-20-2007, 05:49 AM
I too have large hands, but I find it more convient to just put my hand on the outside of the schmitt. It seems quicker too?

Brandon1
12-20-2007, 08:29 AM
I'm really not that far from you. Did you see the big peach water tank?
We need to hook up and go to the Duragloss factory up your way. Love to see that place...
http://www.gaffney-sc.com/images/peach.gif

Nah, we just came in on 85 for the burgers. Also, I organize a detail meet up here in Raleigh once a year, we tried to get Duragloss to let us tour, they were really rude and basically said "hell no"