polycharger

_M_

Reaction score
does AG no longer carry this? thought that they did. i wanted to get some for some 4*.

is zfx the same thing as polycharger?

schucks! i'll have to find it else where

how fast does it accelerate the cure time?

schucks! i'll have to find it else where

how fast does it accelerate the cure time?
I think I got the last they had, I have not used it yet got it about a week ago. I don't even know if it dose accelerate the cure time as zaino zfx dose.

on their website it claims the CH2 acts as a accelerant, the H2O does not but it doesnt claim anything beyond that, such as how much it decreases the cure time

I am pretty sure ZFX and Poly Charger do not serve the same purpose. From what I read, ZFX is meant to cure Zaino sealants virtually immediately so more layers can be added right away whereas, Polycharger is meant to strengthen the bonds in the sealant giving better durability of the sealant. That was how I read them.

polychrgr does claim to enhance bonding and strengthen the sealent but both zfx and polycharger talk about accelerating the cross-linking of the polymer which leads me to believe that polycharger speeds up cure time as well.

unfortunately there is no FAQ or "comtact us" on polychargers website.

for the science autogeeks, is there a way i can test if the product cures faster?

Polycharger was a slow mover and appears its gone ... having used it quite a bit I found it enhanced slickness and durability more than a curing agent.

ZFX from Zaino adds gloss too, but is clearly a curing agent also.

Polycharger was a slow mover and appears its gone ... having used it quite a bit I found it enhanced slickness and durability more than a curing agent.

ZFX from Zaino adds gloss too, but is clearly a curing agent also.

I agree, the slickness and durability of Jeff's Werkstatt Acrylic Jett was further enhanced with Polycharger. Another benefit of Polycharger is that it makes buffing off Acrylic Jett MUCH easiser. I have heard people mention similar results about Klasse Sealant Glaze.

I did some research on this and what i have found indicates that ZFX and Polycharger aren't that different.

They both act to accelerate the cross-linking of the polymers. In this they actually do not accelerate curing but they do allow you layer in a shorter period of time because they enhance the drying time, not the curing time. ZFX does seem to provide a shorter period of time than polycharger, but polycharger allows this as well.

for a product like UPP you can layer in 1-2 hours with polycharger added versus immediately with ZFX and Zai no. This time period for polycharger may be shorter depending on the product or weather, etc...

They both provide increased durability to the sealent.

I hope this helps, if anyone knows differently please post and correct, but I did spend some time researching this.

Back