Presa turbine, Has someone try this polisher?

LSpec

Reaction score
I am looking for a polisher and I found this one, looks nice, cheap and has a good reviews on amazon.

I know, I know is better buy a known brand or any other with good reputation but I dont need to use it every week not even every month and people always said there are not a silly question (maybe the first one)

Last edited by a moderator:
if you don't to buy a reputable branded DA then just get the HF DA...

Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeety sure this is against the rules OP. Posting a link to a product not sold on AG. You may want to re-read them.

I am looking for a polisher and I found this one, looks nice, cheap and has a good reviews on amazon.

Presa Turbine 6" All-in-One Dual Action DA Random Orbital Polisher Kit | eBay

I know, I know is better buy a known brand or any other with good reputation but I dont need to use it every week not even every month and people always said there are not a silly question (maybe the first one)

1. Never heard of it.
2. Probably against rules to post links to non-ago stuff
3. $90.00? Too high for something I never heard of.
4. If $$$$ is really an issue---HF is cheaper. Still need to change backing plate from AGO.
5. For $60.00 more---Just get Griot 6" from AGO. Plus pads, waxes etc. (may be cheaper in long run vs no name brand) Has life time warranty.
6. With purchase of Griot---you'll get tons of help, support and recommendations from AGO community. This will save you tons of hours researching, trying out stuff that may disappoint you etc. etc. This is the biggest benefit you'll get once you get your Griots! Time and money saver in the long run...
7. If $$$ is truly an issue---contact an AGO member close by for help!

Tom

5. For $60.00 more---Just get Griot 6" from AGO. Plus pads, waxes etc. (may be cheaper in long run vs no name brand) Has life time warranty.

6. With purchase of Griot---you'll get tons of help, support and recommendations from AGO community. This will save you tons of hours researching, trying out stuff that may disappoint you etc. etc. This is the biggest benefit you'll get once you get your Griots! Time and money saver in the long run...

Tom

Well said Tom.

"Quality never costs money, it makes money"

:)

For all the lurkers and members that may read this into the future,

Here's what you need to get into machine polishing - Recommendations for a beginner by Mike Phillips

My recommendation?

Get the Griot's Garage 6" DA Orbital Polisher. This one,

Griot's Garage 6" ROP - Standard cord

Griots Garage 6 Inch Heavy Duty Random Orbital Polisher - HD Cord - 25' Heavy Duty Cord already pre-wired

Griots_Polisher.jpg

Why?

Because it's the best bang for the buck. There are cheaper polishers on the market but not better polishers for the value of your dollar plus Griot's backs this tool with a lifetime warranty. It also has all the power you'll need to take care of your own car or cars and for some of you, you could even detail cars for money with this tool.

:buffing:

thank you all for reponses and also for remove the link, I did not know.

Tom I appreciate your explanation, believe me I understand what you said, but It is tempting because of the price. I of course totally agree with Mike "Quality never costs money, it makes money".

I do not want to be annying but some times you can find good things at low cost, but because money is my limit I dont want to spend on something bad..

I do not want to be annying but some times you can find good things at low cost, but because money is my limit I dont want to spend on something bad..
The problem is that you don't know. Maybe it's as good as the GG6, maybe not. Is it worth another $50 or so to take the risk? Every time I buy down I regret it. I end up replacing a lesser tool with a better one and then had to pay twice.

Consider also that you will need many pads to do a car. Depending on paint condition you may only get 1 panel per pad before it needs to be thoroughly cleaned. Three of the same pad would be a bare minimum to do most cars. Really 4 or 5 is more likely. A compound/polish. And pad cleaner. And microfiber to remove it. If the cost of a polisher is at your limit you may need to save a little more before you jump in. Too few pads and or cheap pads will not make for a good experience.

Please find Mike's videos on cleaning pads as you go and on polishing in general. A ton of helpful info in those. (Will take a look and post links if I find them this morning.)

You should do as you choose but I'll add this...

I've tested a lot of low-end free-spinning orbital polishers, basically knock offs of something like the Porter Cable or a variation. Most of the time, while they can look like something that works, where they miss the mark is the ability to rotate a pad under pressure, even a little pressure when it comes to curves.

If the pad on any free spinning orbital polisher is not rotating and oscillating, then you're not doing any work.

The definition of the word work in this context means to remove a little paint as that's how you remove defects. You don't actually remove swirls, scratches and water spots, you level the surface until the surface is level with the lowest depths of the defects you're trying to remove.

On Tuesday, I used each one of the polishers you see in the pictures below, these are brands Autogeek carries and while some ore more effective at maintaining pad rotation than others, they can all get the job done, that is they will all rotate a pad and for the most part, maintain pad rotation with some level of pressure. (Long stroke orbitals don't require much pressure but short stroke polishers work best with some pressure).

Out of all the polishers shown, in my opinion, the best bang for the buck while keeping your tool dollar investment to a minimum is the Griot's Garage 6" DA Polisher. It's what I call an entry level or beginner's polisher but with great products, the right pads and good technique you can tackle just about anything and the warranty from Griot's is hard to beat. You actually don't see a lot of threads with "issues" surrounding any of these polishers in the context of how many we sell or are sold on the market and that's a sign of quality.

ToolsD166_01.JPG

ToolsD166_02.JPG

ToolsD166_03.JPG

Of course, the large polisher that looks like a steering wheels is not really included in anything I wrote above, it's from my antique wax and polisher collection.

:)

thank you, I start to save extra money to get the griots garage.

If you get the Griot's polisher, I would recommend the HD version with a longer, beefier power cord. You'll thank me later. ;)

All I use is the Griot's garage polishers, I just remove the 6" plate and use their 5" plate/pads. (You'll get better correction and better results, especially if you try the LC thinpro's) I also did this on another one GG6 and went with a 3" plate. For intricate spots, the GG6 might cause some issues, but they work well for the minimal use I get out of them.

Back