Using a car wash soap made from local detailing supplier

MGMtaco

Reaction score
Hi all. I have been a long time lurker on this forum and finally decided to register. Anyways, onto the question.

I purchased some car wash soap from a local detailing supplier that supplies the surrounding detail shops. I got to reading more and became leery of trying it. It says it contains silicone and I have read some of the soaps from auto geek says they don't contain silicone or leave silicone oils behind. EDIT: (I think I answered my own question on this. I should of done a little more reading.) I have read Mikes post on silicone. And a few more I just found.

This soap is made in house by the local company. It was $13 for the gallon. I wanted some opinions before using it on my brand new to me car. Do you think it's quality? Being locally made and not really any reviews or any info on the product I can find. I'm not sure about it. The place told me this is their best soap. Smells like bubble gum too. Thanks all

View attachment 60461View attachment 60462View attachment 60463

Welcome to the forum. I don't believe your local detailing supplier would make/sell a soap that would be bad for your paint. If you feel skeptical, pick up some Meg's Gold Class for the same price or less.

•When Silicone is included as an ingre-
dient in car-care products, it is being used
(among other factors) to either enhance a
property of another ingredient; make appli-
cation and/or removal of products easier;
to add some additional gloss; etc.

•With that being said; and IMHO:
-Unless you are going to be working,
(aka: detailing), in an environment—
such as a body shop—wherein fresh
paint is being sprayed...then the
presence of silicone(s) in car-care