PDA

View Full Version : Question about essence

hollerstiltner
10-15-2017, 05:15 PM
I’m trying to slowly get the wife’s Pilot up to par, and time is at a premium with me due to work, kids and other projects. Today I had time to wash and polish the car, but not to apply Cquartz.

So here’s the question. How long is too long to apply Cquartz after Essence?

rlmccarty2000
10-15-2017, 05:31 PM
I don’t know if there is an answer to that, but I would use CarPro Eraser if not applying the coating righ after using Essence.

Rsurfer
10-15-2017, 05:33 PM
Why not do the horizontals and verticals later?

hollerstiltner
10-15-2017, 06:20 PM
I don’t know if there is an answer to that, but I would use CarPro Eraser if not applying the coating righ after using Essence.

I’m afraid you may be correct about there not being an answer to my question. Hopefully I won’t cause any issues if I don’t find time to coat it in the next week or two. I will do like you recommend and give it a good Eraser wipe down though.

hollerstiltner
10-15-2017, 06:24 PM
Why not do the horizontals and verticals later?

Im not sure I’m correctly understanding your question. As it sits right now, the car has been polished with Essence. So I can come back when I have more time to apply the Cquartz, but still run into the timing issue of how long is too long between Essence and Cquartz.

I considered doing it panel by panel over the course of a few days, but I thought I better do all I can while I have time.

AutowerxDetailing
10-15-2017, 06:31 PM
IMO the longer you can let Essence cure the better. The main issue with waiting too long would be that you'll accumulate paint contaminates that will need to be dealt with prior to installing the coating. If you leave you're car parked in the garage for 3 months before applying the coating I see no issue. On the other hand if you're driving it around in winter/fall for several weeks you may just have to decontaminate and re-polish to ensure a clean surface for the coating to bond with.

hollerstiltner
10-15-2017, 06:42 PM
IMO the longer you can let Essence cure the better. The main issue with waiting too long would be that you'll accumulate paint contaminates that will need to be dealt with prior to installing the coating. If you leave you're car parked in the garage for 3 months before applying the coating I see no issue. On the other hand if you're driving it around in winter/fall for several weeks you may just have to decontaminate and re-polish to ensure a clean surface for the coating to bond with.

Thank you! My goal is to have it finished within a couple weeks. Hopefully there won’t be too many contaminates to deal with in that time.

I will say one thing. Essence definitely made a noticeable difference in the shine and gloss. I was rather impressed.

MattPersman
10-16-2017, 05:27 AM
Just be careful before your coating to not cause any marring. But not a huge deal to wash with reset and then coat just don’t want to add anything like polymers wax etc between now and then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk