PDA

View Full Version : 2016 BMW i8 and Blackfire Review

Sharply Dressed
10-23-2017, 09:10 PM
I was was excited to have the opportunity to detail this vehicle for a client. This 2016 BMW i8 has two tone paint (grey and black) with frozen blue accents. Upon arrival, I took pics of the condition (just provided 3 pics of the before condition which are the first three pics shown). The 4th pic shows the foam bath given and pics 5 and 6 show the results afterwards. My steps and products:

Products used:
Griots Garage shampoo as it listed it safe for matte (frozen) paint. I wrote Optimum as their car shampoo is my favorite. They responded stating their product was safe for all paint types but I went with Griot's.
McKees Matte Cleaner and Protector
ONR diluted as a clay lube
Clay mitt
Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish
Blackfire Wet Diamond
Blackfire Midnight Sun Paste

Process
3 buckets: Tires first with APC 10:1 ratio, rims with water, soap and McKees due to matte accents. Car rinsed and then washed with Griot's (used McKees Matte Cleaner and Protector on frozen paint accents, rinsed again, clayed, foam soaked (pic), final rinse and then car dried. Drying process included towel drying, followed by blower vac to remove hidden water, then towel dried again. I then drove the car a short distance to burn off rotor rust to give wheels better appearance. I then pull it into the garage.

Polishing and waxing: I used my GG6, a white pad and Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish to strip old wax and clean paint surface avoiding all frozen accents. Product cleaned well and was moderately easy to remove. Car felt really smooth afterwards. I then applied Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant with the GG6 and finishing pad. I must say what a great product to use. Thin, goes on easy and wipes off easy as well. Lastly, I applied Blackfire Midnight Sun paste by hand. Product went on easily, came off the same. Great synergy.

Tires treated with Opti Bond.
Glass cleaned with Megs glass cleaner (waffle weave towels)
Interior vacuumed, vents vacuumed, pedals and footrest cleaned with Megs Interior detailer
Leather was in great shape. Cleaned one spot
Console cleaned

Customer and I walked the car for final inspection. He loved it. He called me the next day (he took it to a local suburb car show) and asked for the products used as the car was a hit and viewers asked what wax was applied to it. That felt good.

machz
10-24-2017, 08:51 AM
Nice job the car looks great.... Very cool car too