Just ordered a rupes LHR 15es from AG on ebay.....have some questions. Thin Pro?

jmeyers278

Reaction score
I know that Rupes makes a nice tool. I have seen lots of people on here praise them. I was poking around on the Ebay and came across a LHR 15ES being sold by AG as a returned item that tested and guaranteed working. It was $175 buy it now with free shipping so I didn't even think I just bought it. I know they go for $300 on AG. After I did, I then started doing some research and came across several threads where Mike says if you buy a rupes polisher, use rupes pads because they were designed for them and eliminate vibration. Problem is, I just went all in with thin pro pads. Like, I bought a lot of them. So had anyone used the LC thin pro foam pads on the rupes polishers? Should I sell it and buy a flex? I am upgrading from the original GG polisher.
J.P.

Nice find on the Bay. I do use LC Thin Pro pads on my Rupes. The only thing I don't like about those pads are working on a car with a lot of curves. For curvy cars I like a thicker pad which contours better.

While I do prefer thin pads when using a DA with a 3" backing plate like the Rupes Mini or the GG6 with a 3" bp.

I definitely prefer thick (uro-tec) pads when using a long-throw polisher with 5" backing plate

Did not like thin-pros at all on a long throw polisher. They are great on a standard 8mm DA though.

ThinPro’s were designed for long throws in mind, I use them along with the Meguiars discs on Rupes and they work fine. Try them on defects for yourself as you already have them and see.

I used Thin Pros on my Boss G15 and it worked great. I'm sure it will work just as well on the Rupes LHR15.

Nice find on the Bay. I do use LC Thin Pro pads on my Rupes. The only thing I don't like about those pads are working on a car with a lot of curves. For curvy cars I like a thicker pad which contours better.
Chris,
Miss ur old avatar.. when I see the Dr.Pepper commercial I think of it :)

ThinPros will work on the RUPES but there will be vibration.

I've already tested these pads on RUPES BigFoot 15 and 21 and when you do the test you can feel vibration with ThinPro pads on the RUPES and zero vibration when using the RUPES pads.

It's and easy test to do but you have to have a clean, dry RUPES pad to compare any other pad to.

The Air Test - Using NON RUPES pads on RUPES Polishers by Mike Phillips

:)

I currently have a large stock of thinpro pads that I invested in to help boost my MT300's ability. Then I wised up and bought a g15, which I use those thinpros on. They definitely work, and pretty well. The G15 has no problem spinning them although like any long throw it will still stall on some of the curvy bits.

I recently bought some 6" Rupes pads to try on the g15, and need to pick up some Griot's boss pads and LC HDOs to try as a system. I also have Megs MF discs and a couple B&S microfiber pads that I need to try out, I plan on doing some testing once I pick up a test panel so I'm not guinea-pigging customers' cars.

ThinPros will work on the RUPES but there will be vibration.

I've already tested these pads on RUPES BigFoot 15 and 21 and when you do the test you can feel vibration with ThinPro pads on the RUPES and zero vibration when using the RUPES pads.

It's and easy test to do but you have to have a clean, dry RUPES pad to compare any other pad to.

The Air Test - Using NON RUPES pads on RUPES Polishers by Mike Phillips

:)

thanks sir. Kinda what I thought. I was just a little concerned after watching your rupes videos that I wouldn’t like the thin pros on it. Wouldn’t mind if I handnt just bought a stack of the thin pros. I guess I’ll try it and see. I think I got a good deal on the unit. I didn’t even know AG and autopia sold returns on eBay!

thanks sir. Kinda what I thought. I was just a little concerned after watching your rupes videos that I wouldn’t like the thin pros on it. Wouldn’t mind if I handnt just bought a stack of the thin pros. I guess I’ll try it and see. I think I got a good deal on the unit. I didn’t even know AG and autopia sold returns on eBay!

How many pads did you buy?

Throw the thin pads up for trade in the Samples section. You might get a few bites as popular as the thins are now.

I currently have a large stock of thinpro pads that I invested in to help boost my MT300's ability. Then I wised up and bought a g15, which I use those thinpros on. They definitely work, and pretty well. The G15 has no problem spinning them although like any long throw it will still stall on some of the curvy bits.

I recently bought some 6" Rupes pads to try on the g15, and need to pick up some Griot's boss pads and LC HDOs to try as a system. I also have Megs MF discs and a couple B&S microfiber pads that I need to try out, I plan on doing some testing once I pick up a test panel so I'm not guinea-pigging customers' cars.

What do you do with your mt300 nowadays? I'm actually kind of in the position where I wish I had just shelled out the extra money for a g15 right up front, because using 3" pads with my mt300 isn't really a great experience (definitely doable, just not really enjoyable.) I also really dislike the chasis of the mt300. I really prefer the PC style bodies, and if anything, I should've got the GG6. Especially since it's cheaper.

I've been considering selling it and upgrading, but I wonder who would really be interested in buying it at this point. The yellow lettering on mine wore off pretty quickly, which was disappointing.

Back