Going to be detailing and applying CQuartz UK to my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee....Reccomendations?

aceking3150

Reaction score
Good afternoon Autogeek members. I'm planning on taking my paint protection on my newly acquired Grand Cherokee to the next level this week by polishing it and finishing it off with CQuartz UK. I was curious if any of you had an recommendations on my planned process seeing as I want the best possible outcome for this Jeep. Ive polished my previous cars in the past, but I want this to be better than any of my previous paint correction. I also want to minimize the amount of new product I need to buy, so I will be using some left over products (which is where my main concern for recommendations lies) My expected process is as follows.

1) Wash the vehicle top to bottom with Chemical guys Honeydew using a TORQ foam cannon
2) Spray the whole vehicle down with Iron X and rinse after the recommended wait time.
3) Clay bar the vehicle while still slightly wet, spraying clay lube onto the paint to ensure proper lubrication through the entire clay-bar process
4) Wash vehicle one last time before proceeding to polishing
5) Dry the vehicle using a rigged leaf blower I have to remove all water.
6) Using a yellow Hex-Logic pad and chemical guys V32 Extreme compound, compound the entire vehicle to remove a few of the deeper marks in the paint

**This is where my concern comes in for recommendations**
7) Using a Hex-Logic Orange pad and a swirl remover from a local detail shop I've used in the past that works pretty well, polish the vehicle to remove any marks made from the Yellow pad and V32
8) Using a green Lake County CCS green pad and Wolfgang finishing glaze, go over the car once more to remove and polish out any remaining marks and give the paint some depth.
9) Spray and remove any polish dust and/or oils using CarPro Eraser
10) Apply CQuartz UK to the entire vehicle in 2x2 sections, allowing approximately 30 seconds of drying before buffing off with a microfiber.
11) After coating the entire vehicle with CQuartz, apply reload. (If I apply CQuartz to the whole car within the one hour window)

I was also planning on spraying Iron X and clay baring the glass, polishing it lightly at the end with the swirl remover to deeply clean it, and coat it with the CQuartz as well.

Notes:
I will be using a Porter Cable 7427 XP dual action polisher
I will have a friend of mine polishing the vehicle with me to cut down on time.

If anyone has any recommendations, let me know. Im mainly concerned with my pad/polish combos.

Thanks.

This will save you some time

The Aggressive Approach to Washing a Car

Also you can add a second coat of UK, 45 min - 1 hour after the first coat. Reload is optional in that if the vehicle is going to be exposed to rain. I would hold off and use it a few months down the road if you need to.

I can not comment on CG's polishes as I have never used them.

What color is the Jeep?

I have used the Chemical Guys polishes and would not recommend them to my biggest rival. I did not think they did nearly as good of a job as other product lines.

What color is the Jeep?

I have used the Chemical Guys polishes and would not recommend them to my biggest rival. I did not think they did nearly as good of a job as other product lines.

:iagree::dblthumb2::dblthumb2:

What color is the Jeep?

It's Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl coat. What products would you recommend then?

Wolfgang finishing glaze leave glossenhancer behind and could interfear with cquarts uk. You can by carpro essence to use as the finishing polish with the orange pad. That leaves a primer to the cquarts uk. Read up to how you use it. An alternative is as a finishing polish is carpro reflect and orange or green pad.
If you can do a small test spot before so you can get an another compound and polish. So you have time to get products home in time for doing your detail. And to see if you be satisfied with the products you have.
And if you feel you want something better than you get from what you have. You will get good advises from here.I think you will be sorry if the outcome does'nt be what you want. And coatings needs a really good prep before as it's important for the looks and the longevity of it.
My recommendation is to test cg v32 on a test spot to see if it meets your expectations in cut. If not get some small bottle of a compound. Do you know how hard your clearcoat is? That is something to know for recommend a compound that can suit your paint. Or maybe someone know here what hardness your Jeep have. You only need to clean a little larger area than your test spot. I recommend that you get some finishing polish or essence to get a really good last step before coating it.

I’ve used the chef V32 on another Jeep when I did a paint correction on it last year so I know it works rather well, but it does take a little more time than many other compounds I’ve used. I’m just trying to minimize buying new product. After reading a little bit about the essence, I’m going to be using that Instead of the Wolfgang. I ordered everything and it should be here Wednesday. I’m planning on tackling this on Friday or Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great that you are satisfied with v32. Think that you will be satisfied with the essence as a finishing polish and it's a good primer for carpros coatings.
Take pictures as you work and upload here to show us your outcome.
Good luck and have fun!

Great that you are satisfied with v32. Think that you will be satisfied with the essence as a finishing polish and it's a good primer for carpros coatings.
Take pictures as you work and upload here to show us your outcome.
Good luck and have fun!
Absolutely, I planned on it.

Back