Jet Seal vs Meguiars M21?

jconley30

Reaction score
I know most people aren’t a fan of any product that has the name Chemical Guys in front of it. But I’m curious on your guys’ opinion on Jet Seal vs M21, I’ve used both and they’re very similar in my opinion plus M21 is almost half the price. Not looking for recommendations on other sealants. Just thoughts on these two products. Thanks!

Jet seal has some durability issues, and IMO doesn't look that great. M21 is good stuff but I personally prefer the deep look of Ultimate Wax.

I use M21 regularly, and really like it.

It's so easy to use, applies and removes in many environments, and definitely holds up.

M21 was designed to be functional for the professional, where JetSeal probably appeals more to the enthusiasts.

While there may be some similarities of the product in the bottle, I like the utilitarian nature of M21.

I have gotten JetSeal on sale cheap in a combo pack with pete's 53 wax and towels, etc. I actually use it on headlights more than anything else. Bugs slide right on off!

I've used JetSeal and like it; haven't had a durability problem.

I think I would stick with meguiars over cg for anything everytime.

^^^If this is how you really feel^^^

Then: their difference in price—that
you posted (see below)—makes going
with M21 a no-brainer IMO. :xyxthumbs:

Bob

My main point of this post was opinions of others. Or people who may have actually tested them head to head. I've used both and haven't noticed anything too different. For the price yes I will buy M21 again all day. Once my Jet Seal is gone I will not restock.

I have gotten JetSeal on sale cheap in a combo pack with pete's 53 wax and towels, etc. I actually use it on headlights more than anything else. Bugs slide right on off!

I got the same deal with some applicators and MF towels. It was a killer deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jet seal is junk. Goes on easy and looks ok but gone after first maintenance wash. Still have a half of a bottle of it. wish I could return it

My opinion is that there are better alternatives to both. I have both but don't use either, anymore. WDGPS, for one, but there are many others that are superior, IMO.

If I had to choose one wax or sealant and had no other choices I would choose OCW for spray and 476s for paste. I could be happy with either one if I was limited to only one wax or sealant.

I like JetSeal, but my new go-to sealant is McKees HiDef. I've used Megs ULW, but have found that it 'muted' the color a bit. Not so with HiDef...try it, you'll like it

Hi Def is great stuff. I too have about 60oz of M21 on my shelf but rarely touch it anymore because of all the other better alternatives. I find M21 to provide a nice, clean, ‘new car on the dealer lot’ type of look. Nothing wrong with that, until you get used to what the other top sealants provide.

Jetseal is hit or miss (apparently it has major "bonding" issues even if you cleaned the paint), as for M21 is the best bang for your buck in terms of an actual paint sealant, unlike ultimate wax where we don't know ### it is really.

Back