PDA

View Full Version : Questions on the Aussie Merino Wool Wash Mitt

joe061990
12-30-2017, 11:40 AM
I been looking at a lot of wash mitt's and I keep going back and looking at the Aussie Merino Wool Wash Mitt i like to hear your feedback the good the bad pro's and con's

DaveT435
12-30-2017, 12:17 PM
The first one I had I loved!!! It does require some maintenance, combing or brushing, otherwise you'll end up with knots in the wool. Very gentle on the paint. It gets and keeps the dirt away from the paint. Put it in the rinse bucket and twist your wrist a few times and gently go back and forth and the dirt falls out. My first one lasted about a year and that's washing at least two cars a week, a lot of times three or four. The second one however after a couple uses the elastic cuff started detaching from the mitt. A case like that I'm sure if I would have contacted AG they would have taken care of it, they are very good about taking care of problems. I figured it was still usable so I'm still using it. I'll be buying another one sometime in the near future. Definitely my favorite wash media.

SWETM
12-30-2017, 12:45 PM
How is it to get all of the dirt out of afterwards? Seems like dirt can be imbedded long inside of them. I have thought about getting one for the upper parts of the car. But leaning on the carpro wool mitt. Like their mf wash mitt alot and feel like haveing more control to that kind of mitts. But the aussie mitt looks really soft and plush.

https://www.autogeek.net/carpro-wool-wash-mitt.html

DaveT435
12-30-2017, 12:58 PM
How is it to get all of the dirt out of afterwards? Seems like dirt can be imbedded long inside of them. I have thought about getting one for the upper parts of the car. But leaning on the carpro wool mitt. Like their mf wash mitt alot and feel like haveing more control to that kind of mitts. But the aussie mitt looks really soft and plush.

I brush it after it dries and that removes any dirt that may be left, but just the gentle motion in the rinse bucket removes almost all the dirt. I use the CarPro mitt also and like that, I just don't like it as well as the Aussie mitt. Kind of the same situation, the first one I bought lasted forever, the second one the hide started pulling away from the mesh after a few washes. Again that would be something I'm sure AG would take care of if I would have contacted them.

fightnews
12-30-2017, 01:19 PM
I been looking at a lot of wash mitt's and I keep going back and looking at the Aussie Merino Wool Wash Mitt i like to hear your feedback the good the bad pro's and con's

I don't know I just got mine yesterday but it looks like a great quality and imma wash mit connoisseur. I was kind of surprised it didn't come in a bag though

fightnews
12-30-2017, 01:21 PM

If you're pre soaking and rinsing the car before you wash like I do there shouldn't be big clumps of dirt now

Bobbykart
12-30-2017, 08:29 PM
I've been using em for 4 years, they get matted. But probably do the least damage to the car. Thumbsup

Mr_Anderson
12-31-2017, 08:16 AM
I don't know I just got mine yesterday but it looks like a great quality and imma wash mit connoisseur. I was kind of surprised it didn't come in a bag though

I got mine in August (2017) or so, and it came in a plastic bag, inside a cardboard box, cushioned with Styrofoam packing peanuts.