Clear Bra

luckydawg

Reaction score
Not 100 % sure what sub - forum to post this under so I will just land it here.

Would like to hear from folks in central florida who have clear bra's- where they would recommend getting it from.
And or not getting it from
Thanks

Although I’m not a central Florida
resident, I will still recommend you
get XPel’s Ultimate Paint Protection
Film (PPF).

Bob

Thanks Bob
I will check them out!!

Not 100 % sure what sub - forum to post this under so I will just land it here.

Would like to hear from folks in central florida who have clear bra's- where they would recommend getting it from.
And or not getting it from
Thanks

I had mine done by Sunstoppers in Melbourne. Ken does GREAT work for a reasonable price. He does a lot of high end cars, often complete wraps. I would not go anywhere else in the Melbourne area. One place I called said they wouldn't touch my car and recommended I go to Ken. When I went to see Ken, he was working on a clients car for the other shop because their installer did a shoddy job. I'm sure you can find some high end installers in Orlando too. Best advice I can give you is you get what you pay for. Going with a cheap installer is a waster of money, IMHO. Also, don't end you any PPF mid-panel. Pay the extra $$$ and get the entire panel done, it looks much better. I went with Llumar Ultimate film (10 year warranty). It's the same as Sun-Tek. I hear it's a bit 'clearer' than XPEL and easier to install. Also this article I read said it has better hydrophobic properties than XPEL (Best Paint Protection Film for Cars? XPEL vs 3M vs LLumar vs SunTek)

Llumar Ultimate applied to the hood, bumper, front fender, and the area of the rear fenders just above the brake cooling inlets:

MAxcE42.jpg

I’ve personally run Xpel Ultimate on all of my vehicles though I have heard from a few others that SunTek has a new PPF which is supposedly “better”.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

I am in the Ocala / Crystal River area so the drive to Melbourne is kind of out- but I think that I will call Ken to get a recomendation from him on a installer and maybe see if I can pick his brain on what to look for / tips

Premium Shield's Elite product. Excellent 7 layer system with a lifetime warranty. Ran it on my S4 for years. Super Clear too. Here is a showing of the clarity as I even did my head lights.

original.jpg

Yea that looks real clear on the headlights for sure. Read somewhere on line that they come in thickness ranges from 6 to 10 mills. I would imagine that the thinner ones are more noticeably translucent, but not as durable.

I've got Suntek ppf on my car. I'm a fan of it and so far it's done quite well. Oddly enough I like the look of the film ending on the half of the panel.

I've got Suntek ppf on my car. I'm a fan of it and so far it's done quite well. Oddly enough I like the look of the film ending on the half of the panel.

Yes your the only one that I have heard that likes the film ending half way up the pannel

Back