Black vehicle

moeferg

Reaction score
OK...so now I have three, yes, three black vehicles....Any products out there specifically for black, looking for a good cleaner wax...

Yeah therapy ... One black car is an OCD nightmare for me I can't imagine 3 :)

Ya, I hear ya.... but boy they look good when they are clean....

Rather than a cleaner wax, have you thought about coatings? Two of my three cars are dark colors (one is black), so they both might as well be black, and my life became much easier when I moved to using coatings. You'll need to use a polish to correct everything, but you can then seal it all in with a coating.

Coatings are NOT scratch proof, but I have found their ability to shed grime easier and their *slight* resistance to marring you encounter when washing goes a long way. I'm hitting the 18 month point on two of the cars wearing coatings and the paint is in far better shape than at 6 months when I used a sealant.

OK...so now I have three, yes, three black vehicles....Any products out there specifically for black, looking for a good cleaner wax...

I would polish and coat them. I've most always had a black car and currently have two. Coating them and using a good corresponding detail spray/booster is the best route.

Lots of good ones here at AG depending on your skill level and budget.

I used McKee's 37 Paint Coating as my first real entry into coatings. I found it to be a pretty economical and low risk way to learn the application and care process. The spray bottle makes it really easy to use, and it has enough from multiple applications. It's a pretty forgiving product from an application standpoint, yet it looks good and has easily lasted over a year for me.

OK....Good coatings??

Essence Polish as a base for either Cquartz or McKee's 37. I have used both regularly but will say that I really really like the new McKee's. If it's your first time with a coating that's the route I would go. My detail spray/booster is ECH20 at 1:20 mixed with 2-3oz Reload. Spectacular outcomes. I've posted these shots more than a few times but the results are really that good.

Feel free to browse the reflection shots of my Audi:

My new Infiniti is coated with McKee's too

My wife's van is 11 years old and still looks brand new. It too is wearing McKee's. Half is still on the old formula too.

Ya, I hear ya.... but boy they look good when they are clean....

Which is rarely :buffing:

That's why I have three white cars and one black garage queen.

I like Polish Angel Centurion, you get excellent shine and protection with the ease of application like a sealant.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/polish-angel-car-care-products.html

I machine apply it like a sealant:

View attachment 61640

and man does it shine!!

View attachment 61641

I use Blackk Wulfenite to top it off once a month, I've gotten a year easily by using this process.

View attachment 61642

This is the white version, with just the spray I'm still getting beading and I did this months ago.

View attachment 61643

View attachment 61644

View attachment 61645

View attachment 61646

View attachment 61647

I think you had the right idea when asking about a quality cleaner wax.

I would buy a quality cleaner wax to use a few times a year and top the paint with a dedicated wax of your choice or dedicated paint sealant. (I like Jescar PowerLock+ or Carpro Reload). With AIO/cleaner waxes you can quickly clean, polish, and protect the paint and keep all of your cars looking great year around.

Coatings are definitely a great option but to coat 3 vehicles you'll have to be willing to dedicate several days if not an entire week to polishing your vehicles to perfection, prepping for coating application, then applying the coating. Then you'll have to invest in coating maintenance products such as coating boosters, car soaps and rinseless washes that are specifically engineered for use with coatings. You'll also have to make sure your wash techniques are dialed in and you've invested in quality microfiber towels.

If you decide to go with a cleaner wax, Bob provided a great list of recommendations.

Personally, I LOVE HD Speed and Blackfire One Step. They are both truly amazing. HD Speed is the best economical option and Blackfire One Step is the best AIO/cleaner wax on the market right now. Good luck!

Back