Production items

Wolf-Strong

Reaction score
The dealership I work at right now has a seperate detailer come in to do the cars, and he waxes them and all that, however the wax they use stains the trim and the boss doesn't like that. Now we are trying to find an economical wax that won't stain the trim and is quick and easy to use for when a customer buys a car so we can throw on a coat of wax.

I was kinda curious about Meguiar's X-press wax on if it stains trim, and also M66. I've used ColorX and love it on how good it is at cleaning the paint and fast it is to use, but need to know if M66 will stain. Thanks, and look forward to suggestions!

Also need a dressing for exterior/interior that will not run in the rain/pressure wash but is fairly economical. We also need a drying towel that can be used all day with good results and won't go bad like the Water Sprite after a month of using it. Also note that we don't have a washing machine to wash them in if they get dirty, so it has to rinse off easily.

Nothing for sure right now, but I am trying to put together a list to convince my boss to stop buying the cheapest things and that sometimes spending a little more upfront is cheaper in the long term; for instance, we use this crappy soap by Car Brite that dilutes 1:50, doesn't rinse well, and costs like $50/5 gallons!

The dealership I work at right now has a seperate detailer come in to do the cars, and he waxes them and all that, however the wax they use stains the trim and the boss doesn't like that. Now we are trying to find an economical wax that won't stain the trim and is quick and easy to use for when a customer buys a car so we can throw on a coat of wax.

I was kinda curious about Meguiar's X-press wax on if it stains trim, and also M66. I've used ColorX and love it on how good it is at cleaning the paint and fast it is to use, but need to know if M66 will stain. Thanks, and look forward to suggestions!

Also need a dressing for exterior/interior that will not run in the rain/pressure wash but is fairly economical. We also need a drying towel that can be used all day with good results and won't go bad like the Water Sprite after a month of using it. Also note that we don't have a washing machine to wash them in if they get dirty, so it has to rinse off easily.

Nothing for sure right now, but I am trying to put together a list to convince my boss to stop buying the cheapest things and that sometimes spending a little more upfront is cheaper in the long term; for instance, we use this crappy soap by Car Brite that dilutes 1:50, doesn't rinse well, and costs like $50/5 gallons!
any wax that has cleaners in it will stain trim. You need a pure carnauba wax. DP Max Wax, Poorboy's Natty Blue Pinnacle XMT 180 should work well and are quite inexpensive. You should be able to get 25+ applications out of a single jar. Not sure if Pinnacle Souveran liquid will stain your trim or not.

any wax that has cleaners in it will stain trim. You need a pure carnauba wax. DP Max Wax, Poorboy's Natty Blue Pinnacle XMT 180 should work well and are quite inexpensive. You should be able to get 25+ applications out of a single jar. Not sure if Pinnacle Souveran liquid will stain your trim or not.
Still not what I would call economical for dealership purposes. I mean we need a wax that costs About the same, but will get several times as many applications out of it to give you an idea.

Duragloss aquawax and other DG products like car wash concentrate would be good economical alternatives.

Yeah there are a lot of products out there that won't stain the trim. I was in a bit of a rush when I typed that last post, but basically I think something like Klasse AIO would work, though it is a bit pricy. I am going to try testing some ColorX when I get home to see how it works on trim, so we shal see! If ColorX doesn't stain the trim, than I am so going to start pushing M66 on the dealer!

Meguiar's #26 is our standard wax on BMW because it doesn't stain trim and is easy to use.

I recently started using the System One Wax product because of the same reasons and I can apply while the car is wet, then buff dry.

Both are good.

as offered a dealership is likely using an AIO type product like a cleaner wax and the ingredients that clean are the "white" issue. That said most dealers are not going to pay for proper prep and multiple step products.

as offered a dealership is likely using an AIO type product like a cleaner wax and the ingredients that clean are the "white" issue. That said most dealers are not going to pay for proper prep and multiple step products.
yes very true most dealerships use aio glazes with silicons to hide defects.

Try a different soap from Car Brite. It took me a few tres, but I found a good one from them. Seems to be on par with a lot of other soaps.

yeah, and they offer you a coat of sealant, where they charge anywhere from $300-$800...
Pure profit, I tell you...

when i bought my pick up they tryed selling me this simoniz crap for 400 bucks

yeah, and they offer you a coat of sealant, where they charge anywhere from $300-$800...
Pure profit, I tell you...
Actually, they aren't selling you the sealant or whatever, rather what they are selling you is a warranty. If your paint oxidizes, fades, or leather becomes hard or anything like that for the term of the warranty, you make a claim, and they will have someone come to fix it. Their method of selling it though is telling the salesmen that this stuff they use on the surfaces is a miracle worker though, which is why we get so much hype from the dealerships about it when it is just another warranty.

when i bought my pick up they tryed selling me this simoniz crap for 400 bucks

Most likely, the one they tried to sell you was PermaSeal or Xzilon. PermaSeal's warranty has a lot of loopholes and crap, while Xzilon tends to have a better warranty. In terms of the product hype itself, Permaseal tries to sell the fact that it has Teflon in it, which as we all know is complete BS, and Xzilon tries to hype up the fact that you can spray spray paint on it, and wipe it right off, along with the fact that it is recognized by Boeing as "Being a possible deterrent to wear"; nothing even concrete, and after having tested both, I can say that while they do work as any other wax would, they are not fun to work with (in fact, a PITA to), and are no more durable than any other wax on the market.

Back