ONR: Impressions on 1st time use / Recommendations wanted

MadOzodi

Reaction score
So, I'd typed out about 4 paragraphs going into detail about my winter prep done last October, having washed the car only once in a touchless car wash since, and what I thought about using ONR for the first time today.

Well, my pop-up blocker can go to h*ll because I lost everything I'd typed.

:mad:

So here are a couple of pictures...damn I'm so p*ssed I lost everything I'd typed!!!

ONR1.JPG

ONR2.JPG

I did notice that I'm probably going to have to do a bit of polishing this spring.

ONR = good stuff

Cobra Guzzler = shout have been one of the first things I bought!!!

WG Instant Detail Spritz = running low, need LSP recommendations both right after washing a car that has already had a layer of 'nuba put on it and a QD.

Your car looks great.
Recommendation: Souveran Spray Wax. I'm starting to use this more and more.

Souveran Spray Wax...I hadn't even thought of that. Tops on my list was DG AquaWax, or even PB Spray & Gloss.

Thanks for the comments! I'm off to do some more searching.

Souveran Spray Wax...I hadn't even thought of that. Tops on my list was DG AquaWax, or even PB Spray & Gloss.

Thanks for the comments! I'm off to do some more searching.

S&G is a QD, not a spray wax.

Hmmmm, the Pinnacle SSII Combo is looking really good right now. I'm not crazy to add a 3rd 'nuba to my collection, am I?

The Signature Series II Combo consists of the 8oz. tub of paste wax and a 16oz. bottle of Crystal Mist.

SSW on top of SSII is kind of redundant, isn't it? I'd put a coat or two of SSII on with my UDM and afterwards (week or two) try to maintain that using my ONR as a QD'er (I forgot you can use it as one) with the Crystal Mist as a LSP.

That's a good plan, right?

I was taking WAY too much time washing my car last year.

Hmmmm, the Pinnacle SSII Combo is looking really good right now. I'm not crazy to add a 3rd 'nuba to my collection, am I?

For a topper, I would HIGHLY suggest DG Aquawax and Surf City Speed Demon Carnauba detailer. Ive heard that SCG Hot ROd Detailer is also nice. THe AW and SCG HRD will give a more reflective look, while the SCG SDCD give a "just waxed with a 'nuba" glow.

ok, checking those two out right now 'nurple...I gotta get to $75 before midnight!!!

Ohhh...thats easy!!
Pick up the new Heavy Duty guzzler, surf city glass cleaner, tire gel, and leather conditioner, lake country ultimitt, 303 aerospace protectant, optiseal, and I could go on and on lol

Ohhh...thats easy!!
Pick up the new Heavy Duty guzzler, surf city glass cleaner, tire gel, and leather conditioner, lake country ultimitt, 303 aerospace protectant, optiseal, and I could go on and on lol

HA!

So far I've got...

SSII
SCGSDWD
6" lambswool leveling pad (to use under my MF bonnets)
DG #265
DG AW (although I'm not sure why I need this; will probably remove it)

The shopping continues!!!

:righton:

on the edit:
So I decided against the DG AW and picked up a black wheel ShMITT, white/yellow ShMITT, and some DP Xtreme Foam...yay!

Last edited:
I hear ya..I just dropped $200. with an hour and a half to go!!:D My suggestions would also be for AW (is there anyone in the world who's not in love with this stuff??). I also use FK425 which rocks and I just started using ONR as a detail spray too..seems pretty good so far. (I also use it for clay lube as well).

Ohhh...thats easy!!

I'm just curious why? AW is a great product.

:(

Cuz I dunno where it'd fit in my process. Here's what I plan on doing in the spring:

DP Foam wash
Clay
Menzerna FP if necessary
Rinse (with what I'm not sure)
KAIO
WGDGPS
SSII
Maintain with the Surf City Garage SDWD

Please insert DG AW where it should go

Thanks!

After every wash, you are gonna want to put something on for some added shine and protection. This is the purpose that AW serves. When you dont feel like using the SDWD for the nuba look, you can use AW for the reflective, sealant look.

:o

Ok, I gotcha. The AW is just another replacement for the Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz I was using after washes.

Silly me. :D

Back