PDA

View Full Version : Why is it splotchy !?!?

01AUDI
02-05-2018, 05:12 PM
Yesterday i applied some Back to Black on the front trim piece below my windshield.. The liquid is old so it came out a little thick, but i made sure to apply a good amount and wipe it all around. You can see in the picture that it is spotty and not consistant at all. It did turn most of the area darker, but not consistent. It also did rain in the evening.. could that have effected it ? I am assuming yes, but it was dry before the rain came.

TTQ B4U
02-05-2018, 06:05 PM
Yesterday i applied some Back to Black on the front trim piece below my windshield.. The liquid is old so it came out a little thick, but i made sure to apply a good amount and wipe it all around. You can see in the picture that it is spotty and not consistant at all. It did turn most of the area darker, but not consistent. It also did rain in the evening.. could that have effected it ? I am assuming yes, but it was dry before the rain came.

I'm not a back to black fan. IMO if it's grayed out like that you'll need to re-stain it with 1-2 applications of something like Solution Finish. I find it works extremely well. That said, you'll want to strip off all the back to black first.

ChrisT
02-05-2018, 06:15 PM
The South Korean’s need to get on developing a product for dark trim that works great and lasts.