Cure time: How do you define it?

JustJesus

Reaction score
Greetings.

Been wondering about this lately. I've been reading through several threads that mention "cure time." Seems to me that people are seeing it differently.

1)Some see it as the time they let an LSP sit on the car before wipe off

2)Some see it as the time they let a panel/car sit AFTER the final buff of an LSP

How do YOU define it?

Depends on the Product.

Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax is a Wipe On Wipe Off wax. Better known as a WOWO wax. Cure time 30 seconds to 3 minutes.
Other waxes varies too. Sealants: Cure times are around 10 - 15 minutes or what ever the instructions say.
Coatings: Usually 12 hours to 24 or 48 hours. Depends on the product.

I usually will look at the instructions and at times I still screw up (recently, with a coating...lol). I had to redo that particular area (had high spots) and waited a little longer than what the INSTRUCTIONS stated. But in general, I usually try to follow each products instructions and go from there. It's NOT an exact science but a close one for cure times.

Greetings.

Been wondering about this lately. I've
been reading through several threads
that mention "cure time”. Seems to me
that people are seeing it differently.

1)Some see it as the time they let an
LSP sit on the car before wipe off

2)Some see it as the time they let a panel/
car sit AFTER the final buff of an LSP

How do YOU define it?
Your #2) is, IMO, how “cure-time” is most
often defined by the LSPs’ formularies—and
is the definition to which I ascribe.

•{As an aside: Your #1) is how I
would define LSPs’ “drying-time”.}

Bob

Your #2) is, IMO, how “cure-time” is most
often defined by the LSPs’ formularies—and
is the definition to which I ascribe.

•{As an aside: Your #1) is how I
would define LSPs’ “drying-time”.}

Bob

I see it the same way.

Dry time: After applying, the amount of time that the product sits before buffing it from the surface.
Cure time: After buffing, the amount of time that the product sits before achieving various levels of bonding to the surface.

Greetings.

Been wondering about this lately. I've been reading through several threads that mention "cure time." Seems to me that people are seeing it differently.

1)Some see it as the time they let an LSP sit on the car before wipe off

2)Some see it as the time they let a panel/car sit AFTER the final buff of an LSP

How do YOU define it?

I see it as the time it takes a product to cure after wipeoff. The time before wipe off is usually called haze

Seems like you guys see it the same way as me.

Thanks for the responses

Back