PDA

View Full Version : How to remove swirls from car with cermic coat?

Pages : [1] 2

ohad340
02-20-2018, 09:53 AM
Hello i have light swirls on my car. The car with cermic coating , how can i remove the swirls from my car without to remove the coating or polish. I need a product that will do this job.
Thanks

Mike Phillips
02-20-2018, 09:59 AM
Hello i have light swirlls on my car. The car with cermic coating , how can i remove the swirls from my car withot remove the coating or polish.

I need a product that will do this job.

Thanks

First - since this is your first post to our forum,

Welcome to AutogeekOnline! :welcome:

Second - I completely understand what you're asking for but I'm sorry to say the product you desire does not exist.

:)

jkrig
02-20-2018, 10:01 AM
Car Pro Essence Plus sounds like a good candidate for this......it has to be said though, Essence won't necessarily remove the swirls so much as it's going to hide/fill them and not affect the layer of coating now that's IF the defects are in the coating and not the clear coat

Mike Phillips
02-20-2018, 10:03 AM
Continued....

Here's an article I wrote that explains what it means to remove a scratch or scratches or swirls...

What it means to remove a scratch out of anything... (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions/104333-what-means-remove-scratch-out-anything.html)

And while I recommend everyone read the article, here's the jist of it...

In order to remove a scratch out of anything, metal, plastic glass, paint, etc. You must remove material around the scratch until the upper most portions of the surface are level with or equal to the lowest depths of the scratch or defect you're trying to remove.

So in order to remove swirls out of the ceramic paint coating on your car you must abrade and level the surface --> This will remove the coating.

Perhaps it's possible to clean the surface and re-apply the coating and the new addition of the coating will fill in the swirls if they are nano-shallow? I don't know, I don't know if anyone knows. All a person could do is try. (I doubt it would work)

TMQ
02-20-2018, 10:05 AM
Appears people have had good luck with this on a coated car.

CarPro Essence PLUS 250 ml (https://www.autogeek.net/carpro-essence-plus-250.html)

Tom

Mike Phillips
02-20-2018, 10:06 AM
Questions....

What are you working on?

How did the swirls get into the coating?

ohad340
02-20-2018, 10:15 AM
I bought the car with this ,
Youe saying there's no product to fill the swirls?

SWETM
02-20-2018, 10:18 AM
The only product I have heard about is carpro essence plus as Tom said. And as Mike ask you what kind of swirls are they? If they are light wash indused swirls you maybe can save it. Then it's made for carpro coatings in mind also. So with another coating brand it's a long shot that they are working together. If you are gonna polish it carpro glosspad is the pad to use. Test it without polishing first on a small area and see how far it gets you. If it's another brand than carpro I would check that brands top coating and see if it has any filling ability.

How long has the coating been on your car?

SWETM
02-20-2018, 10:20 AM
Are you meaning that the car has a ceramic clearcoat paint from fabric?

jkrig
02-20-2018, 10:31 AM
Appears people have had good luck with this on a coated car.

CarPro Essence PLUS 250 ml (https://www.autogeek.net/carpro-essence-plus-250.html)

Tom

Tom.... that's what I meant to suggest was Essence Plus......not Essence, corrected my post.

ohad340
02-20-2018, 10:48 AM
I have on the car Carpro Cquartz Ceramic Quartz paint protction

Hammer77
02-20-2018, 11:23 AM
ohad340, if you want to give Essence PLUS a shot, PM me your address and I will send you a bottle I only used once. Free of charge of course as long as you live with in the 48 states.

fightnews
02-20-2018, 12:40 PM
Is there any such thing as swirls being "In the coating" Aren't they really to thin for that? I think if you have swirls it's a safe bet they are in the paint. Or is that wrong?

Mike@ShineStruck
02-20-2018, 01:17 PM
As stated you can either use essance plus to potentially mask the swirls or compound off panel prep and recoat..

You can also look into self healing Coatings.
Most need you to become a certified installer, but there is at least one I know of that doesn't.

Majority of self heal you'll need a heat gun to make the coating reflow to rid the swirls..
I know if one first hand
..and possibly a 2nd that will reflow the coating to rid swirls with just hot water or sitting in sun...but both these need certified installer status and arre over the 300plus mark

Mike Phillips
02-20-2018, 04:49 PM
Here's what I know...

If you see swirls, they are for sure in the top surface which is the coating. My guess is, because the coating is measured in thickness measurments of molocules, the swirls are also in the paint.

Thus to actually remove them you will need to machine polish the car and just about any fine cut polish worth it's salt is going to remove the coating as it remove the swirls in the paint.

The above is just a guess...

Also - using ANYTHING abrasive is going to remove the coating. So my next guess is... whatever you end up doing, you're going to need to re-install the coating and then after that... wash the car carefully. How your car's paint ALWAYS will come down to how you TOUCH it.

See this article,

How to wash a coated car - The Gentle Approach for Washing a Car by Mike Phillips (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions/103632-how-wash-coated-car-gentle-approach-washing-car-mike-phillips.html)