Wolfgang Uber QD dilution

jdgamble

Reaction score
I have some Uber on the way, and I've read the 3 oz to 1 gallon of water for QD. In my brain, that doesn't seem like enough. Is that enough? I'm used to ONR 1 oz to 16 oz water. Anybody have an optimal ratio?

Thanks.

John

Yes, 3oz per gallon of distilled water is the perfect ratio for quick detailer, clay lube, and waterless wash. Uber is SO much better than ONR and I love most of optimums products! One thing ONR does do better than any other rinseless wash is encapsulate dirt. It's pretty amazing actually. Unfortunately it just isn't very slick. Slickness and lubricity is where Uber blows every other rinseless wash away.

Awesome guys. Thanks. Now I can be even more reckless with my detailer!

Yes, 3oz per gallon of distilled water is the perfect ratio for clay lube

You use it @that dilution for claylube? I used it like that 1 time as a last resort after I ran out of my supply of D114 and it practically wrecked my claymitt. Made it sticky and had it beading up in the worst way.

Directions say it’s 1oz. per gallon for claylube and I found out why.

You use it @that dilution for claylube? I used it like that 1 time as a last resort after I ran out of my supply of D114 and it practically wrecked my claymitt. Made it sticky and had it beading up in the worst way.

Directions say it’s 1oz. per gallon for claylube and I found out why.

I've only ever use D114 or N-914 as a clay lube for nanoskin autoscrub pads and for clay bar alternatives. But I've used uber(3oz. per gallon) as a clay lube for traditional clay several times. That's good to know though, I'll definitely be steering clear of it when using clay alternatives.

That actually is a good ratio and it is plenty of product. I use 2/3 oz per 32 oz of distilled water for my waterless/detail spray mixture.

Ive used it at 2 and 2/3 ounce per gallon for my waterless wash mixture. I like it, but I am a bigger fan of the Ultima WW+.

Since I like buying and trying, I use UWW for waterless, ONR for rinseless and I've become a big fan of mixing ECH20 w/ Reload for QD work (Merlin's Elixir)

Distilled or Filtered water for Uber as a Quick Detailer.

i see two different options on this page for diluting into 32oz of water: ⅔ ounce, and 2⅔ ounce.

which is it? also would this be okay to use in the sun? or should i default to poorboy’s for that? this is mostly to remove day old dust. thanks!

i see two different options on this page for diluting into 32oz of water: ⅔ ounce, and 2⅔ ounce.

which is it? also would this be okay to use in the sun? or should i default to poorboy’s for that? this is mostly to remove day old dust. thanks!

For 32oz of water use 2/3 oz of water. I use 3 oz per gallon which creates great results.

Yes you can use it in the sun. Just be conscious you are in direct sunlight and move quickly like anything else is all :)

I mostly detail in direct sunlight. Never had issues. Just work smart and be aware.

It's hard to measure 0.75oz so get a gallon of distilled water, remove 3oz from it, add 3oz of Uber and shake well. Then fill your 32oz bottle and use that, when it's low just top it off, you already have it pre-mixed.

If you have the Wolfgang Uber rinseless wash 16 oz container, then it is pretty easy to eyeball 2/3 or 3/4 of an ounce. I use 3/4 oz per 32 oz of distilled water for detail spray/drying agent. It can be used in the sun but you should work quickly.

If/when I don’t have a gallon pre mixed, I’ll add just over an ounce of concentrate to my 1.5 liter Kwazar pump sprayer.

Awesome. Thanks guys! And thank you Eldorado2k for recommending it. I haven’t yet purchased a sprayer but have used the one bucket method and it’s been great. I still rinse the car off first as it seems to be a magnet for dirt/dust, but this is significantly faster than doing the full 2 bucket wash (which admittedly I still sometimes have to do as I’ve been working working insane hours lately).

Awesome. Thanks guys! And thank you Eldorado2k for recommending it. I haven’t yet purchased a sprayer but have used the one bucket method and it’s been great. I still rinse the car off first as it seems to be a magnet for dirt/dust, but this is significantly faster than doing the full 2 bucket wash (which admittedly I still sometimes have to do as I’ve been working working insane hours lately).

Haven’t purchased a sprayer...check this out!

Review: Kwazar Venus Super Compression Sprayer Pro

Back