PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Mothers Quick Interior Detailer

mqdias
03-04-2018, 06:04 PM
Hi, i've used Mothers Quick Interior Detailer (SPEED) for a maintenance interior cleaning (light dust).

As i always do with new products i use them 1st in an older car that has some cheap plastics.
But, as you can see in the next image, after appliance, the plastics turned white :mad:

At 1st i thought it might be by the fact that this product could be a good cleaner and showed the real state of the plastics (maybe burned through several years without care), but i found this a bit strange, so i tested next passing with CarPro Inside cleaner. The result was this (right with Inside):

Much better! Didn't return to natural color 100% but improved a lot.

I have tremendous doubts: what could possibly happened? can be this product so agressive??

Appretiate your opinions!

forrest@mothers
03-04-2018, 07:07 PM
I can think of nothing in Interior Detailer to cause a reaction like this.

I sent a copy of this link to our chemists. I hope to know more once our office opens tomorrow.

mqdias
03-04-2018, 07:09 PM
Thanks a lot!!!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

forrest@mothers
03-06-2018, 01:23 PM
After speaking with our chemists and tech support folks, we’re guessing our interior Detailer removed whatever protectant/dressing was on the dashpad, allowing the actual condition of the surface to be seen.

You mentioned this was an older vehicle. What year/make/model, and how has it been stored? Your profile doesn’t mention a location, so knowing where you are, and how the vehicle is stored can help assess what’s happening.

Was the product applied directly to the surface, or sprayed on a towel/applicator?

There is a batch code stamped on the rear label, likely in white ink. It should look like “4A8100”. That code would be helpful so we can pull our control samples for more checking.

mqdias
03-06-2018, 04:17 PM
Dear Forrest, i appretiate very much your concern!

In fact the car has 16 years and not allways in a garage. Detailed only in the last 3/4 years...
The car is a peugeot 206 and i’m from Portugal.

The code is 5A7125.

I Will try in a new car and give later Feedback!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk