Change pad or different Polish

Dynoguy

Reaction score
I am trying to get rid of some swirl marks on my Colorado Pickup I have tried a white Buff and Shine pad with some Poorboys SR-1 and it took some of them off but there are still some left, should I try an Orange Buff and Shine pad with SR-1 or should I try SR-2 or Meguiars Compound ?

according to the autopia chart SSR-1 is about a 1/12 in cut. If you had to put a percentage to it what did you remove with SSR-1 and the white pad? And what series of buff and shine pads are you talking?

SSR-2 is a 4/10 in cut so I would probably go to that vs going to a stiffer pad. In my experience, a stiff pad with a low cut product has more potential to leave hazing than a heavier cutting product on the same pad.

I have the regular Buff and Shine Pads I believe the white is a polish pad, I would say that process took about a 1/4 of the swirl marks away as I was only doing a test spot . I will try what you recommend then I will get back to you.

I have the regular Buff and Shine Pads I believe the white is a polish pad, I would say that process took about a 1/4 of the swirl marks away as I was only doing a test spot . I will try what you recommend then I will get back to you.

if SSR-2 and the white pad don't work, I'd then go to SSR-2 and orange. What meguiars compound do you have?

I'd definitely try SSR-2 and orange before going to ultimate compound. UC finishes out pretty well but may be more aggressive than necessary in this case.

Depending on the damage, it's likely just Meg's Ultimate Polish/M205 on an orange pad will be all you need. Should finish out fine. Compound will work but will leave a slight haze that will need polished.

Back