Can these flaws be fixed by a pro detailer?

BillaVista

Reaction score
Hi all,
Long painful story, short version - dealer horribly abused my new car on the lot.
Wondering if any of these defects could be fixed by a professional detailer, or is a body shop the only option?
Paint Defects - Album on Imgur
Thanks

Bill

The small chips could be but some of the other stuff looks like it's going to have to be resprayed. Is the dealer not fixing them, or are you just trying to avoid having parts of the car resprayed this early on??

Hi and welcome to the forum! Two great articles for learning how to use your unlimited gallery to post and inserting pictures on the Forum. This allows you to insert and others to comment w/out leaving the site:

How to upload a photo into your Autogeek Photo Gallery

How to insert an image from your photo gallery into your message

I also took the liberty to upload your photo's to one of my galleries to post here for others to see:

okGMFbT.jpg

hxfmzzc.jpg

gVRmMLP.jpg

VbTY5MA.jpg

RvEUEAZ.jpg

NDMyMDBENDRBMDdEQzFGODRDQUY6ZDgwMjQ2YjM3YTZkNTE3NjRjNTAwOWQzNjY0ZTk0ZmY_.jpg

FJcFkby.jpg

In06mSp.jpg

5pUBxj7.jpg

1rTSsF7.jpg

Hi and welcome to the forum! Two great articles for learning how to use your unlimited gallery to post and inserting pictures on the Forum. This allows you to insert and others to comment w/out leaving the site:

How to upload a photo into your Autogeek Photo Gallery

How to insert an image from your photo gallery into your message

I also took the liberty to upload your photo's to one of my galleries to post here for others to see:

okGMFbT.jpg

For the Wheel, a good wheel repair person should be able to fix this. A detailer that has a good/reputable wheel repair vendor shouldn't have any issues.

hxfmzzc.jpg

Looks like some touch-up paint should fix this.

gVRmMLP.jpg

This looks like some kind of friction scraping. Usually if a door is mis-aligned. Hard to tell what caused it, but probably a respray... Touch-up paint would look fairly bad over that scrape. Are you sure it's paint missing and not residue for a plastic covering, or something else?

VbTY5MA.jpg

This could be potentially fixed with a DA and some compound, but not if it's deep enough to get a fingernail into.

RvEUEAZ.jpg

Rock chip I presume? Touch up paint.

NDMyMDBENDRBMDdEQzFGODRDQUY6ZDgwMjQ2YjM3YTZkNTE3NjRjNTAwOWQzNjY0ZTk0ZmY_.jpg

FJcFkby.jpg

That looks like some kind of paint transfer. If you look above and too the right where the reflection of the light is, you'll see some nasty scratches. I would say, most likely this could be removed with DA and compound, at least to a certain percentage.

In06mSp.jpg

I'm assuming this is under the hood? Same as the door jam, there is something causing friction and wearing the pant off. More than likely the dealer didn't do this...

5pUBxj7.jpg

1rTSsF7.jpg

For the friction scraps (door jams and under hood) that is caused over time and by friction. Paint in door jams and under hood, trunk is VERY THIN!! Doesn't take much to wear it off. Some of these a detailer may be able to fix, others a body shop. The general rule of thumb is if you can get your fingernail into the scratch, it's probably beyond a "scuff-n-buff".

Hope this helps...

Back