Drying inside door shuts

cheekyage

Reaction score
Hi all

Should I be using a specific type of microfiber cloth and product to dry inside the door shuts after a maintenance wash?

Any MF towel that won’t scratch will do. Most use lower tier or stained towels for jambs. A detail spray or spray wax works great as drying aids. I use both, Meguiar’s Xpress spray wax makes the jambs look very clean.

Or take your shop vac and put the hose on the blow side. I do this to help dry my engine after a degreasing.

I bought black colored microfiber towels for door jambs and wheels. This way I know not to use them on paint and risk marring.

The cheap value pack Costco towels work well for me for door jambs. I use a detail spray as a cleaning agent and lube.

All good suggestions so far...

I use the Griots “Tim’s Dirty Spot” microfiber towels for door jambs. They have lasted for years and work very well.

I use the same quality towels that I use on the outside, I just use a different color so I don't mix them up. The door jambs are painted just like the outside so I take the same care when cleaning them.

I use Supreme 530 microfibers sprayed with some WG Uber.

I like the idea of using black or gray MF towels from the start for wheels, engines, or jambs. It makes the sorting, identification and laundry much easier.

The ironic part is that I started off using cheap bulk MF towels and the packs always included white towels. I now use more of the white MF towels for my worst jobs: engines, jambs, and wheels. My thought process is that the grease and junk is easier to see in the white MF vs dark. The towels look stained, but for me I can tell where the really bad spots are easier, and don’t gunk up the area I’m cleaning with said spot.

I like the idea of using black or gray MF towels from the start for wheels, engines, or jambs. It makes the sorting, identification and laundry much easier.

The ironic part is that I started off using cheap bulk MF towels and the packs always included white towels. I now use more of the white MF towels for my worst jobs: engines, jambs, and wheels. My thought process is that the grease and junk is easier to see in the white MF vs dark. The towels look stained, but for me I can tell where the really bad spots are easier, and don’t gunk up the area I’m cleaning with said spot.

Dark towels should not be used on light-colored upholstery. They do bleed quite a bit and the dye they bleed is pretty nasty and almost impossible to remove once it transfers to the upholstery.

I just bought a ton of black 400 gsm (50 towels) for my paint and I am transitioning to them now (from 360 gsm). The main reason is that these are black and will be used for paint only. I am also transitioning to white 420 gsm waffles for glass only. I find white for glass helps inspection for residue, as I have more trouble with streaking glass than with marring paint. I think pristine white towels for glass is working well for my requirements.

All good suggestions so far...

I use the Griots “Tim’s Dirty Spot” microfiber towels for door jambs. They have lasted for years and work very well.

I do the same. There's no mistaking these for any other towel, so their sole purpose is jambs and the like.

Bill

I only buy light colored towels anymore. I want to see the dirt on the towel - always.

Towels that are moved to lesser tasks - I cut a corner off (or two for the worst towels).I use edgeless towels.

I only buy light colored towels anymore. I want to see the dirt on the towel - always.

Towels that are moved to lesser tasks - I cut a corner off (or two for the worst towels).I use edgeless towels.

That was a great tips! Thanks for shareing.

Back