Labeling microfiber towels

DMW

Reaction score
I just bought the big pack of Costco microfiber towels. Since they're all the same color and I want to have some dedicated for glass and others for wax, sealant, compound, how can I distinguish between them? I already cut off all of the tabs, but I was thinking of using a hole punch or something to know that the "window" towels should not be used for any type of product.

I would recommend getting different colored towels.

That said, I certainly wouldn't use a hole punch.

If you really needed to distinguish between the same colored towels, you could either try to keep them separate by throwing them in different buckets after use, or if they are light-colored, maybe making different dots on them with a black permanent marker. One dot for paint, two for glass.....etc.

Just some ideas, but like I said, I'd get different colors.

There are specialized, Sharpie-type tools made for that task. Look up Laundry Markers. Once I downgrade a towel, I'll mark a corner with "U" for utility, "W" for wheels, etc.

Bill

There are specialized, Sharpie-type tools made for that task. Look up Laundry Markers. Once I downgrade a towel, I'll mark a corner with "U" for utility, "W" for wheels, etc.

Bill

Good idea. I’ve been thinking I need to do something like this. Thanks

I just bought the big pack of Costco microfiber towels. Since they're all the same color and I want to have some dedicated for glass and others for wax, sealant, compound, how can I distinguish between them? I already cut off all of the tabs, but I was thinking of using a hole punch or something to know that the "window" towels should not be used for any type of product.

Here’s what I did... Get a large needle and put some thread in it, then tie a small knot in each corner of the towels that you’d like to have identified. For example I tied a small knot with blue thread to distinguish my new batch of towels that I’ll use on my paint to separate them from the others...

d171f8eca437e485c8b8ee94e86e0df2.jpg

32064ff20de50cba138209557a3e33a1.jpg

077b72e8c0e77852925d0a891222b116.jpg

The thread stays there for good. If this seems crazy then you shouldn’t have asked. Lol.

You could also buy a couple of darker colored towels, like black, dark blue, and a red, then wash a half dozen of the yellows and one of the dark ones at a time. It will dye transfer and tint the group of yellows. The tint won’t bother the towels.
Just like finger paints for kids. Yellow and blue make green, yellow and black make a dirty looking yellow but they work for wheels and tires, etc.

Back