What's your favorite LSP Sealant?

CantHave2MuchHP

Reaction score
I'm looking for suggestions on a Sealant for my daily driver (Duramax pickup). I had some Adam's Sealants that I acquired from a buddy that worked pretty good. I recently tried CarPro Reload as lots of people recommended it but it failed pretty bad for me, was gone within a week, tested it several times.

I've been told to look at Gyeon, Blackfire, and McKees, but not sure which product specifically from those brands I should look at. Looking for good durability, shine is second, this isn't a show car. Obviously looking for something that will leave a slick finish, shed water/dirt and keep wash times easier.

I'm also VERY strongly considering Ceramic Coating the whole truck instead of a Sealant...If you think that's the best route then say so.

Since the Duramax p/u has a GM paint job...
You could use the same LSP Sealant on it, as
you use on the Corvette, and/or the Camaro.

Just a suggestion.

Bob

Duragloss 111 is what the longest lasting, strongest sealant in my possession.

Mckee's High Def Paint Sealant!!

Amazing!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm looking for suggestions on a Sealant for my daily driver (Duramax pickup). I had some Adam's Sealants that I acquired from a buddy that worked pretty good. I recently tried CarPro Reload as lots of people recommended it but it failed pretty bad for me, was gone within a week, tested it several times.

I've been told to look at Gyeon, Blackfire, and McKees, but not sure which product specifically from those brands I should look at. Looking for good durability, shine is second, this isn't a show car. Obviously looking for something that will leave a slick finish, shed water/dirt and keep wash times easier.

I'm also VERY strongly considering Ceramic Coating the whole truck instead of a Sealant...If you think that's the best route then say so.

If you are looking to step up to a coating but not ready to go full coating then look into Gyeon CanCoat. Think of it as a mini coating. It has become a favorite of mine as a hybrid sealant/coating.

I would give Gyeon CanCoat a try. It's a coating light with the benefit of a full coating but not the longevity of it. Depending on how many miles you are driving after application you get 6-9 months of solid protection. If you do a polish with Gyeon Primer which both clean and ads sio2 base so sio2 products would bond better to. You would get 9-12 months of solid protection from the combo Gyeon Primer and CanCoat. The application is much easier than a coating and last you not only 1 application but at least 4-5 coats on your truck I think.

How about a wax hybrid
DoDo Supernatural Hybrid Nano. Only tried the Supernatural Hybrid wax though, liked it alot. Clarity and slickness, for 4-5months.

Trying DR. Beasley's Plasma Coat, like a coat of glass and rock hard. Not super slick but I can layer it with wax.

I have no problem with the new formulated reload (2017) , but these are some of my favorites too......

Blackfire Crystal Seal- very candy coat look, lasts 6 mo for me
Ultima paint guard plus- like above
Mckees 37 10 min sealant- si02 based, good protection

All are easy wipe on, walk away-no streaks.....

I have CanCoat sitting on the shelf ready for use as soon as I can find time to give it a shot. Until that time comes, my current favorite sealant is Collinite 845.

McKees Hi Def, Collinite 845, WG DGPS, PBL Diamond Sealant

If you want to stick with a sealant, and the main characteristics you are looking for is protection and easy clean-up - definitely check out FK1000P. Gloss is also excellent with this product. Great choice for white and silver paint.

Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax, high melt polymer car wax, Finish care auto wax

CanCoat as others have mentioned would also meet your needs if you want to try the "coating lite" option...

Blackfire CS for me.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Wolfgang DG Sealant wins all the shootouts for longetivity for sealants, but I would go ahead and coat that truck. I agree with many of the previous posters, Gyeon Cancoat is a good first foray into coatings as are McKees Paint Coating and PBL Paint Coating for ease of application.

Cancoat looks nice, would it be unwise to use it on a car that needs a clay + light polish? If I can get 3 months out of it that is fine for me.

EDIT: I mean to skip clay and the polish. With plastic bag, every panel has contamination/bumpy.

Cancoat looks nice, would it be unwise to use it on a car that needs a clay + light polish? If I can get 3 months out of it that is fine for me.

As long as you add a prep wipe after polishing then that is perfectly fine. In the end it is up to each user on what they define as perfect paint. CanCoat has exceeded my expectations. Lasting longer than the claimed 6 months for me.

If you do a thorough decon wash and then a prep wipe product. Then yes I would apply CanCoat on it.

Decon wash:

Prewash foam and or clean rinsing it.
Tar remover
Iron remover
Wash with a wash product that don't leave anything behind. Carpro reset or McKees 37 N-914 rinseless wash at panel wipe dilution and you do 2 steps at once.
Panel wipe. Carpro eraser or Gyeon Prep or N-914 at panel wipe dilution.
Apply CanCoat

Back