Sun-friendly Products

Route246

Reaction score
Some of us have to work in the sun. It is unavoidable, just like some of us have to work without water or under severe water-restrictions.

What wash/wax/glass/AIO products works well for you in the sun? I realize coatings, sealants and other products will never work well in the sun so I'm just talking about maintenance-type products.

For the most part, I have found that most McKee's, WG, Optimum and Collinite maintenance products are OK in the sun and are fairly easy to use, too.

I've heard Poorboys is famously developed to work in the sun. No experience personally yet, but I have some stuff on order because, like you, I cannot avoid work in the sun.

I can testify to mightypudge as Poorboys does work quite well in warm, direct sun. I’ve also used a number of HD/3D products in warm, direct sun. They are usually what I bring if I’m on a mobile job and there isn’t access to a garage.

Agree with Poorboys.

For AIO, I’ve used McKee’s 360 in sun, for a few hours on a 70 degree day and it went very well.

Spray waxes: D156, McKee’s products.

Poorboys.

I was working on a black hood on a 100+ day, with [hood] surface temp well above that. Forgot what I did, but topped off with their Black wax....zero issues.

Another vote for Poorboys. I purposely used Blackhole, EX-P, Pro Polish, and I think their AIO with sealant in direct sun just to see if it would live up to it's claim. I was not disapointed.

Meguiars products seem to work exceptionally in the sun. D115 Rinse Free Wash & Wax and D156 X-press spray wax are two of the most sun friendly products you will find.

For a sun friendly AIO this is another category HD Speed is hands down the best option

Poorboys. You can use MOST of their products in the sun. They are pretty good too from 1st hand experience.

I have used Poorboy's SSR line and polish with sealent in the sun no problems at all, HD Speed works very well in the sun.

Meguiars products seem to work exceptionally in the sun. D115 Rinse Free Wash & Wax and D156 X-press spray wax are two of the most sun friendly products you will find.

For a sun friendly AIO this is another category HD Speed is hands down the best option

I had some problems with M100 and M66 is some blazing mid day sun and a dark car...

Everything just smeared upon wipe off. It took a spray of ONR in a trigger bottle to get it off!

Most PB products, I don't recommend using their trim restorer in the hot sun.. found that out the hard way

Back