Essence users

Cruzscarwash

Reaction score
Is it just me or when you're using Essence do you seem to use a lot more than you use compared to other polishes

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I actually use less though when I used it I want expecting"correction" like HD speed or other polish.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

IDK what it is but I see to burn through bottles of it, it's only with essence

Is it just me or when you're using Essence do you seem to use a lot more than you use compared to other polishes

You like the results you get from Essence right? It wouldn’t surprise me at all if the whole “for maximum gloss use sparingly” is a bunch of bull simply to appease customers and make them think they’re getting good value when in reality it’s very expensive compared to other polishes.

From my little experience with Essence, I too see better results when I use more on the pad... But since it’s smart to follow the manufacturers directions I usually tend to use it sparingly like they say... Maybe that’s why my results with it are usually garbage. Lol.

Based on their directions, this amount would be too much to start off with... They seem to suggest 3-4 pea sized dots max. If I use that little my results are poor.

de84e42c6be9dd8b8d4f6978dec7f13f.jpg

There’s still plenty left in my 1st bottle. I’ll never buy this stuff again.

I use 3-4 quarter size if not bigger drops for results I'm happy with, it is a great primer for McKees coating though

Less. 3-4 pea sized drops when using as a finishing polish.

I could never get it to finish correctly using it sparingly. Maybe it was my pads? Idk? I also had to use more than what was directed.

I got tired of playing around with it and would usually grab my trusty bottle of HD Polish instead. Much cheaper and problem solved for me.

I could never get it to finish correctly using it sparingly. Maybe it was my pads? Idk? I also had to use more than what was directed.

I got tired of playing around with it and would usually grab my trusty bottle of HD Polish instead. Much cheaper and problem solved for me.

Less product and slower speeds.

depends on the pads. On my Flex 3401 with Hybrid Force pads, I have to use Speed 5 and yes, I think both heat and the pads soak up more product and I get about 4-5 passes before it dries. Contrast that with the Rupes Mille and their Yellow Pads, I can use upwards of full-speed 6 and four dime size drops without issue. The working time on the Mille is longer too.

Overall, I'm a huge user of essence and love it.

Unfortunately, he doesn't show how much product he used for this part in the video. Maybe he did as instructed on the bottle.

I actually use less. 2 small drop about dime sized per panel. But I use it as a glaze, not a polish.

Less product and slower speeds.

Good point I did not mention. Essence flashes very quickly and when it does, it's almost impossible to remove from the panel. So I use little product, at a medium speed (2.5 or 3) and do only 2 or 3 quick passes. Basically, I apply it like a wax, not a polish.

Good point I did not mention. Essence flashes very quickly and when it does, it's almost impossible to remove from the panel. So I use little product, at a medium speed (2.5 or 3) and do only 2 or 3 quick passes. Basically, I apply it like a wax, not a polish.

I’ve always had a hard time believing in that method... I mean they talk about how it truly begins to work once it heats up a bit. How can that be achieved at low speeds and such a short buffing cycle?

I’m not the type who’s buffing cycle goes on for minutes, but cmon, applying it like a wax?

I’ve always had a hard time believing in that method... I mean they talk about how it truly begins to work once it heats up a bit. How can that be achieved at low speeds and such a short buffing cycle?

I’m not the type who’s buffing cycle goes on for minutes, but cmon, applying it like a wax?

Have you tried it?

Have you tried it?

Yes, many times. I even posted a picture in this thread...

4ae9726461fcaca010bcf2c81bcd41cf.jpg

e44f257bc0639c7f999552c54020eae4.jpg

And IME there’s no way it’s going to be able to hide or remove defects when worked at such low speeds for such a short amount of time. Add to that so little product and you wind up with the results I usually get from Essence, horrible.

I think the reason Cruz seems to enjoy using it and gets great results from it is because he uses it liberaly like you would any other polish. I also think the whole “less is more” is a bunch of BS in this case to try and make you forgive how little product you get for such a high price.

I used to use a lot of product and work it like a polish. Man that was horible. Like trying to remove semi-dry glue from the panels. When I switched to using much less product and working it very little all the wipe up problems disapeared and I still gained the gloss enhancing. It work remove defects, but polishes don't do that anyway. If you want to remove defects use a compound, the job of the polish is to bring shine and remove micro marring and very fine swirls.

The way I use it, it won't remove anything but it will fill any super fine swirls or marring. And since I can coat on top of it, the glaze is not going anywhere anytime soon. On it's own it's supposed to last a year (probably more like 3 months if I look at what companies advertize and what is really true) but with a coating on top it's years of protection for the glaze.

If I am not coating, then I simply don't use Essence, I use M205, the best polish I have used so far on all aspects.

I used to use a lot of product and work it like a polish. Man that was horible. Like trying to remove semi-dry glue from the panels. When I switched to using much less product and working it very little all the wipe up problems disapeared and I still gained the gloss enhancing. It work remove defects, but polishes don't do that anyway. If you want to remove defects use a compound, the job of the polish is to bring shine and remove micro marring and very fine swirls.

The way I use it, it won't remove anything but it will fill any super fine swirls or marring. And since I can coat on top of it, the glaze is not going anywhere anytime soon. On it's own it's supposed to last a year (probably more like 3 months if I look at what companies advertize and what is really true) but with a coating on top it's years of protection for the glaze.

If I am not coating, then I simply don't use Essence, I use M205, the best polish I have used so far on all aspects.

By defects I meant very fine swirls. That’s why I meantioned “hide”. I wouldn’t expect it to hide moderate to heavy swirls..

Back