Foaming Iron Remover Technique - GG Roadshow Class

Thomkirby

Reaction score
I attended the AG Roadshow this past month and we did a chemical surface decontamination using a new method. With the new Griots BOSS Foam cannon you can thread their 32-oz bottles directly into the head unit and not mess with mixing the chemicals. This works great with the new Boss Wash Products and Poly Gloss. But to the point, Jeff Brown was showing how to do this with their Iron Remover. As you can see in the photos it laid out a nice foam and went to work removing the iron trapped in the road grime. This is great for those with access to a power washer. Makes it an easy application. And this was using the new AR2N Electric unit offered by Griots Garage. Saved time trying to spray this truck down by hand.

View attachment 64786

Next to the wheels, (excuse the photo, it will not rotate)
View attachment 64787
As the foam dissipates we are left with iron ready to flush clean.

View attachment 64788
Thanks to Firehouse Mike for dirty truck. I appreciated the hands on training taught by Mike Phillips for showing the many methods in both Day-1 and Day-2.

Hey....I know that truck! Thought it was pretty clean...the color doesn't lie I guess. Not pictured but the tailgate was pure purple from all the contaminates dissolving off. Looks to be a good system..gonna have to pick it up soon.

Mike

Cool! How much iron remover was placed in the dispenser? Was it mixed with the Poly Gloss?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Cool! How much was iron remover placed in the dispenser? Was it mixed with the Poly Gloss?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

The Iron and Fallout Remover bottle was threaded directly to the new Griot's Foam Cannon and proportioned though the cannons metering tip in the pickup tube. Very nice system. No Poly Gloss applied in this demo. We did use it on a Corvette and it left a great high gloss, hydrophobic finsh behind.

View attachment 64807

Mike

Back