Problem with Opti Seal ?......

ssnobrakes

Reaction score
I have been using Opti Seal for over a year now and have been very happy with it. Its easy to use, gives a nice shine, is very hydrophobic and cost effective. Today after washing my car I used it and put a coat on the wheels and the paint, but it never flashed. I didn't notice right away because it was cloudy. It completely hazed like a wax. I buffed it off and it shined right up. It has never done that before. Does Opti Seal have an expiration date, did I put too much on ?........Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you used too much or had a contaminated applicator. My bottle has got to be close to 10 years old and I've never had that problem.

I have been using Opti Seal for over a year now and have been very happy with it. Its easy to use, gives a nice shine, is very hydrophobic and cost effective. Today after washing my car I used it and put a coat on the wheels and the paint, but it never flashed. I didn't notice right away because it was cloudy. It completely hazed like a wax. I buffed it off and it shined right up. It has never done that before. Does Opti Seal have an expiration date, did I put too much on ?........Thanks in advance.
I would vote for too much product as the issue.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Does the paint pass the baggy test? If not, the hazing could be too much contamination combining with the opti-seal during application.

Agree on too much. I've had it not flash when I applied too heavily. It seems most sealants can go on surprisingly thin and still work.

I agree with the others. Possibly too thick. We experience it often.

Agree with others about being too thick. The starting point or first contact of each swipe will be the thickest due to readding more opti seal onto applicator. My bottle is about 3-5 years old and still works good. I go around the whole car and by the time i starting buffing it off at least half flashed away 100% and 1/4 somewhat residue left and 1/4 thick heavy spots. Wipe off is very user friendly. Great product.

I currently use Hydro Blue on all of our wheels and it works well.

Is Opti Seal a better product for wheels or is it six or one, a half dozen of the other?

Hydro blue will be far more durable. Mckee's 10 min. Sealant is a much better option than optiseal.

Back