Looking for a good interior cleaner and UV protectant.

Ember

Reaction score
I am looking for a separate cleaner and UV protectant forthe inside of my ’14 Silverado, ’01 Bonneville and my mom's ’07 Town and Countryvan. I have plastic and soft vinyl withstitching in the truck and the other two vehicles (very neglected) have mostlyvinyl with plastic.
I have been looking at CarPro inside leather and interiorcleaner and Gyeon vinyl cleaner for the cleaner and Gyeon preserve as theprotectant. Will Gyeon preserve stick toand penetrate the different materials when put on top of Carpro’s cleaner? Since they are difference brands I don’t knowif they will work with each other.
I have seen pictures of how the Gyeon vinyl cleaner may notfully clean the Bonneville and Town and Country, due to them not being cleanedfor a number of years. The other optionI have read about is Pinnacle Leather & Vinyl Cleaner and its Vinyl &Rubber Protectant.
Any experience will be helpful.

I had an 02 Bonne.

What I would try for neglected vehicles is Meguiars APC (Detailer line) 10:1 or 4:1 if the 10 doesnt cut it, and 303 Aerospace Protectant.

Not neglected You can use an Interior Quick detailer like Adams or Meguiars and then some 303, I dont think any of the IQDs have UV in it. But I love the UV in 303.

McKee's 37 Interior Surface Protectant is a multi-surface shield for your vehicle?s interior. In addition to protectants, McKee's 37 Interior Surface

Has served me well for years. Has a light cleaner built in along with the UV protection. My 6 year old interior surfaces still look close to new.

If the surfaces have been neglected, you can use this first to deep clean them.

McKee's 37 Total Interior Cleaner cleans plastic, vinyl, leather, carpet, and upholstery without harsh solvents or caustic chemicals.

I have not looked into McKee's for an interior cleaner. I have used their clay bar. I may go with Meguiars APC for the two cars that are going to take a lot to clean. I like how Gyeon Preserve has a matte finish.

I would highly recommend the CarPro Inside as a specialty cleaner. That stuff really gets it done. It's a little strong for regular cleaning and has to be rinsed, so... something milder for maintenance cleaning.

I have a vehicle that I've been using Opticlean on the interior. Instead of diluting it with straight distilled water I dilute Opti Power Clean 1:10 and dilute the Opticlean with that. So far, I'm very happy with the results.

Back