Whats your current protection for winter?

KyleBis2

Reaction score
Since winter is slowly creeping up, i've started to prepare my eclipse for the unforgiving season. I've applied 2 coats of Wolfgang DGPS 3.0 and the car will be topped with a spray sealant after every wash. Just wondering what your winter protection of choice is.

Since winter is slowly creeping up, i've started to prepare my eclipse for the unforgiving season. I've applied 2 coats of Wolfgang DGPS 3.0 and the car will be topped with a spray sealant after every wash. Just wondering what your winter protection of choice is.
I'm going to rock McKee's 37 paint coating V2 with 10 minute paint sealant on top. Daily driver in northern Michigan, salty roads and sits outside 24/7. This is my first time with a coating. Excited to see how it holds up through next spring.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Collinite 845 on my truck, Duragloss on my Cayman S n ceramic coated wife’s IS 350 coupe

DGPS 3.0 with Fuzion on top for now.
Hopefully this weekend I get the 845 on top for winter.
I will use hyperseal after washes, whenever those might happen.

Gloss Coat on the one that stays in the garage.
I might have a backwards approach to this thing.

Probably 845 on my TSX. Either 915 or Liquid Souveran on the Audi Q5. Both will get rinseless washes and spray waxes (OCW, Souveran Spray, Mckees Fast Wax Meg’s Gold Class Spray or Füzion Spray) after most washes.

Hydro blue, wetcoat, reload every 6 weeks...I ain't skeeerd of no cold @$$ weather

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Going to apply Polish Angel Master Sealant. Down the road if being able cause of the winter weather I'm going to top with PA High Gloss.

My winter protection is the same as my summer protection...or any other time of year protection. This year I'm trying Gyeon CanCoat.

Probably 845 on my TSX. Either 915 or Liquid Souveran on the Audi Q5. Both will get rinseless washes and spray waxes (OCW, Souveran Spray, Mckees Fast Wax Meg’s Gold Class Spray or Füzion Spray) after most washes.

Cant go wrong with the collinite!

My winter protection is the same as my summer protection...or any other time of year protection. This year I'm trying Gyeon CanCoat.

Can coat saves so much time! Also look into Meguiars UFF if you haven't already.

I’ve had Gtechniq CSL Light topped with EXO going on 16 months since I applied it. This time I put on a sample I got from an order...Blackfire Ceramic Coating Booster.

I’ve had Gtechniq CSL Light topped with EXO going on 16 months since I applied it. This time I put on a sample I got from an order...Blackfire Ceramic Coating Booster.

Seems like your vehicle is more than ready lol.

476, Mckee's trim restore, and a heavy dose of Fluid Film on the undercarriage.

And.......... If you guys can keep a secret, I did one half of the wife's Wrangler with McKee's, and the other half with WETS on the trim.

Let the race begin.......... :awesome:

Collinite 845 was applied during the summer and I will probably apply another coat next month before the first snow. The sister-in-laws car got an application of Griots One Step Sealant. I will see how that holds up.

476, Mckee's trim restore, and a heavy dose of Fluid Film on the undercarriage.

And.......... If you guys can keep a secret, I did one half of the wife's Wrangler with McKee's, and the other half with WETS on the trim.

Let the race begin.......... :awesome:

Have you had good results with the fluid film? Ive heard mixed feelings on it.

Collinite 845 was applied during the summer and I will probably apply another coat next month before the first snow. The sister-in-laws car got an application of Griots One Step Sealant. I will see how that holds up.

Cant go wrong with 845!

Have you had good results with the fluid film? Ive heard mixed feelings on it.

Yes, I have. It is very "clingy" and coats well.

Be precise in your application though. Don't just go blasting away all over the place. Put a Tyvek suit on, and a face shield.

Work small areas at a time. Don't spray exhaust components. (If a little gets on there, its OK)

Take special care to coat inside rocker panels, and behind any metal bumpers.

Things like rear axles, leaf/coil springs/drive shafts can be coated, but quite honestly will never actually rust through in a normal life, so pick your option on those.

Back