Best Foam Pad for Griot's One Step Sealant

gportiz

Reaction score
Hello,

So I recently purchased a new car (2018 Honda Accord). I am planning on using Griot's One Step Sealant and then topping it with Griot's Liquid Gloss Poly Wax to make sure that I have a good coating of sealant on the car. After that has all cured, I will either finish of with Wolfgang Fuzion or the Griot's Best of Show Wax. I just happen to have some Fuzion which I purchased a while back.

Question 1:
As we all know, Griot's recommends using their Orange Foam Pads for the One Step Sealant. Have any of you used this product with Lake Country Green Polishing/Finishing CCS Smart Pads. Lake Country claims that their green pad is perfect for AIO applications. The car is new so I don't have a lot of defects to correct. I just want to make sure that the pad that I use provides the best finish possible.

Question 2:
What product do you recommend for sealing/protecting the plastics, rubber, vinyl, and metal exterior trim...particularly the badges? Does anyone recommend the Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant?

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Gil

Wolfgang exterior trim sealant is awesome stuff, especially on new trim.

I think you have way to many waxes. The sealant by itself is very good. If you top it with poly wax your set for several months easy. I don’t think adding the extra wax will do you any good. I have used polywax on one of my cars with great success. Griots said one coat is more then enough and adding any more is a waste

I am planning on using Griot's One Step
Sealant and then topping it with Griot's
Liquid Gloss Poly Wax to make sure that
I have a good coating of sealant on the car.
I like your plan! :dblthumb2:

After that has all cured, I will either
finish of with Wolfgang Fuzion or the
Griot's Best of Show Wax.
For synergy’s sake:
Go with Griot’s BOS Wax.

Question 1:
As we all know, Griot's recommends using their
Orange Foam Pads for the One Step Sealant.
Have any of you used this product with Lake
Country Green Polishing/Finishing CCS Smart Pads.
Lake Country claims that their green pad is perfect
for AIO applications.
Lake Country is an expert in their
field. I see no reason to question
their above claim.

Question 2:
What product do you recommend for
sealing/protecting the plastics, rubber,
vinyl, and metal exterior trim...particularly
the badges? Does anyone recommend
the Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant?
Yes...Go with Wolfgang Exterior Trim
Sealant: “WETS” will be very protective.

Bob

I see nothing wrong with using the orange GG foam pad for their AIO but you can't go wrong with the correct pad from LC either. As far as rubber and trim care, check out 303 trim protectant, very solid product from an outstanding product. They have free shipping if you spend $35.00, lots of quality products there so its VERY easy to get to that amount. Since your car is new can I suggest their Tire and Rubber cleaner as well as their Tire Balm to keep that new ride looking great?!

The green Lake Country pads work very well with the Griots One Step sealant. I used it recently on my sister-in-law's car and a month later the paint still shines and the water still beads. I also like both the Wolfgang Vinyl and Rubber Protectant and the 303 Protectant. I seem to use Wolfgang on the exterior and 303 on the interior.

Back