Looking for the longest lasting sealant. Not necessarily the best look

Rez90

Reaction score
so time is my mortal enemy. I lack it as i work a ton, coach a high school wrestling team, have a wife who also works a ton, two kids, two dogs, and 5 cars.

I always use ONR to wash and i love it. It's quick and easy and looks great. I typically end every wash with a coat of OCW.

I am looking for a product like OCW that will last longer. It's been a while since i really did research and when i look into this there are 100 options. All of which i'm sure are quality products...but i'm hoping to narrow it down using suggestions from here.

I love the way OCW goes on. it's a simple spray an wipe on application. That's important to me.

Can i get a few suggestions on a superior product to OCW as far as good protection for the paint?

I tried CarPro Reload and don't care for it.

Thanks in advance.

He recommended PNS. It’s polymer net shield by Sonax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you haven't already - maybe consider SONAX Polymer Net Shield.

:dig:

I recommend FinishKare 1000p. It’s served me well here in the west Texas Heat. It’s probably a bit more work to apply and remove than PNS. PNS is something I’ve been meaning to try the past couple of years but my LSP supply is strong and I’ve gone the route of Si02 sprays like McKee’s Hydro Blue,they are just to easy and give great results.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

If OCW is working for you, stick with it. It’s is actually a really nice spray wax. If you use it after every wash, durability shouldn’t be an issue. Plus it has patented UVA and UVB inhibitors.

Try a sio2 spray. Some say 4-6 months longevity. I currently applied hydro silex. Applied 3 coats (once per week for 3 weeks after wash) as recommended. So far about 2 months (garaged nightly, sit out all day) of protection and still beading fairly well. I’ve read good things about black fire and pinnacle sio2 sprays. Not sure about durability but way better price if you buy gallon. With five cars buy the gallon.

1 1/2 week old pic
ccdc872b6021e190fea748482daa3dd3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll help clutter this up, its an oldie but a goodie, Duragloss #111, a pure sealant! Want to add a little more to it, mix Duragloss #601 in with it. Just go 4 parts #111 and 1 part #601. Adding the #601 to the mix will allow you to layer a 2nd coat right over the top of it either when your done applying the 1st coat or if you wanted to come back in a couple hours or the next day even.

I'll help clutter this up, its an oldie but a goodie, Duragloss #111, a pure sealant! Want to add a little more to it, mix Duragloss #601 in with it. Just go 4 parts #111 and 1 part #601. Adding the #601 to the mix will allow you to layer a 2nd coat right over the top of it either when your done applying the 1st coat or if you wanted to come back in a couple hours or the next day even.

Damn, Rog.......... I'm too old to be reading that font.

Give an old man a break, will ya? ;)

I got a good 7 months out of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant and I highly recommend it.

I agree with Mike that PNS Is great. Collinite 476 is my go-to for sealants that are durable and long lasting.

I’ve tried PNS and Reload. I liked PNS once it “broke in” after the first wash. During application with a microfiber towel it felt kinda sticky and hard to spread but once it fully cured the water behavior is phenomenal and lasted pretty long for my self about 8 months if I recall correctly. I would also consider Can Coat have heard great things about it but also heard it is harder to apply.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

I’ve tried PNS and Reload. I liked PNS once it “broke it” during application for me with a microfiber towel it felt kinda sticky but once it fully cured the water behavior is phenomenal. I would also consider Can Coat have heard great things about it but it is harder to apply.

Agree on both accounts. I do like Can-Coat though. I sell it as my entry level upgrade from Synthetic Sealants.

I recently purged most of my products, and this is the traditional sealant (apply, let dry, wipe off) that made the cut. I also have Rupes 808, and Optimum Opti-Seal, but don't seem to hold up as well as 111 CCP.

I chose this for It's great durability, signature gloss, ease of use, and the ability to use the 601 bonding agent with it for even more durability.

How about changing your wash to Carpro Hydro foam which coats the car while you wash? Rinse off and the car will look decent and provide a decent protection too.

I have wolfgandDGS topped with McKee’s fast wax on M4, CaymanS has Duragloss 111 topped with Aquawax, F150 has Collinite 845 (follow Mike Phillips directions on how to apply) topped with McKee fast was, and SUV with PNS (the F150 n SUV see the the most winter abuse, so far so good). Just a few ideas.

Whats the number one thing(s) you guys look for in protection? I feel good water beading is pretty easy to find (lots of spray & wipe products will knock water beading out of the park) but protection against etching and release from water spots, bird bombs, and bugs is harder to come across.

Ultima Paint Guard Plus, paint sealant, liquid wax, paint sealer, car wax sealant

Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate, concentrated waterless auto wash, waterless car wash

Ultima Acrylic Waterless Wash Concentrate

Ultima Acrylic Spray Wax

You have gotten some awesome recommendations so far. I want to recommend another product line that has the very ease of use. Ultima Paint Guard Plus is a WOWA (wipe on walk away) product. You don't need to buff it off after the application. I have the old version that has oils as the carrier for the polycharger polymers. The newer version is water based and can also be used as a drying aid if wanted to spruce up the protection. When you have gotten the car dry. It's fast and easy to apply Ultima PGP. 1 spray to prime their awesome mf applicator block. Then 1 more spray to getting ready to apply it on the paint. This 1 spray cover a panel or half of a larger one. And that's it you just spray 1 more time and apply to the next panel. No coming back to buff it off just walk away. It can be a little hard to know if you have applyied anything on the paint on some colors. A tips is to test to wipe a little on the the side windows and you will see if you have any product left on the mf applicator. You can apply it on every surfaces but the windshield. Maybe the newer version works on the windshield too. I recommend to apply 2 coats with 1-2 hours apart the first time or when you do a new base layer of protection. Otherwise you can apply a new layer every 3 months or so. I use alkaline based degreaser and tar remover on it without it degrade to much. Over 6 months with 2 layers and useing QD a couple of times after the wash. It still feeled like it was there when not used any topper the last month before adding a new LSP.

Since you do rinseless or waterless wash you can use Ultima waterless wash and rinseless wash products. And top up the polycharger polymers that is in it as the PGP also has. You can also dilute it to be a QD and use as drying aid or a dry application after the wash. But it's even more easier to apply a new layer of PGP since the no buffing is needed.

They also have a acrylic polycharger. That says to be even more durable and higher protection from it. Either used as a stand alone with waterless washes and top it with the acrylic spray wax. It's also works on a base protection of Ultima PGP.

I would rate Ultima Paint Guard Plus as a sealant. With a durability from 2 layers up to 4-6 months of solid protection. But with adding new coats or use the waterless wash or rinseless wash. You can just do a decon wash if necessary and reapply a new layer. And it will be great protection until you need to be finishing polish it.

For the ease of use it's hard to beat.

/ Tony

Back