List your wax's / sealants what you like and don't like.

thedoc46

Reaction score
I love cleaning my cars, so thought i'd put a list together of what waxes and sealants i use regularly. This list is purely for waxes and sealants. I won't go into all the other products i use. I live in Florida where temps and humidity are high, and my cars are black, so this does change things a little ! At the end of the day they all do the same thing, some look very slightly better than others for a DAY ! cos a black car gets dirt and dust pretty damn quick, but there's a lot of BS out there and really use whatever makes you all warm and fuzzy. My paintwork is always properly prepared, and clay bar'd as needed. Anyway moving onto my list.... Please list yours and what you like / don't like....

Finish Kare White Shark High Temp - For me, the easiest to apply, leaves zero streaking on black paintwork, feels like its protecting the best. Probably at the top of the list, but there's a couple of other close seconds. Don't like you can't get it on rubber / plastics so need to be a little careful when applying. Could be a big con considering some of the competition these days.

Meguiars Ultimate Wax - Good enough. Not a huge fan.

Collinite 915 - Probably great on anything but a black car, but on a black car i feel it leaves some streaking, and feels like more work to get off completely. So don't use too often.

Collinite 845 - Was my previous favorite, however now i have black paint on both my cars, it does take a little more work to get off than White Shark and you got to be careful applying to not get on plastics / rubber. Lasts forever.

Meguiars Paint Protect 365 - Oily and hard to work with. leaves a lot of streaking. But still try and use once a yr.

P & S Beadmaker - Slick and car looks great, but feel its overrated, i look at this more of a equiv to D156 than a replacement for a proper sealant. Like its easy to apply. But overall its expensive at $3 per application.

Ice Paste wax - Great wax, nothing bad to say. It's just there !

Ice Liquid Wax - Really loved this when it first came out, but don't use much these days. Too many better options. Still like you can apply to everything and not worry.

Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax - Wow !! i use it differently. as in soak a MF pad, then spray onto the pad, and spray up the car with distilled water, wipe on the milky substance then buff off to dry. Car really shines. Love i can apply to all exterior parts and not worry. Swear the car looked to have a deeper black. But again, it could be those warm and fuzzy feelings playing tricks on me !

Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish - Not used yet, but heard great things about it. Will try out this weekend !

So list yours up fellas !

815. Good stuff. Easy to work with/remove.

476s. My go-to. Easy on/off when applied correctly (THIN).

Optimum Spray wax. I really like it, but....

DG Aquawax makes the metallic in my paint "pop" a bit more IMO.

815. Good stuff. Easy to work with/remove.

476s. My go-to. Easy on/off when applied correctly (THIN).

Optimum Spray wax. I really like it, but....

DG Aquawax makes the metallic in my paint "pop" a bit more IMO.
i like my Zaino Z2 and Collonite 845 with Optimum Spray Wax in between.

My current wax is Pinnacle Liquid Souveran. I use Pinnacle Liquid Spray Wax as a drying aid after every wash and get 4-5 months protection. I just started trying DG Aquawax as a drying aid on one of my vehicles based on reviews. The price per gallon is a lot more reasonable.

Collinite 845 is my current favorite and go to.
I've been know to use D156 as a drying aid on my maintenance washes. (Hobbyist here, family cars only.)
I received a puck of Wofgang Fuzion Estate wax and LOVE IT! I use it on my motorcycle (black Honda) and will be living on my Chevelle when I'm finished redoing it.
I also have Fuzion Spray wax to touching up the bike, the paste is definitely my favorite of the two, but use it to touch up as needed when doing a waterless wash on the bike.

Some of the ones that I like:

•Finish Kare 1000P
•Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant
•Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax
•Meguiar’s M21 Synthetic Sealant
•Meguiar’s M26 Hi-Tech Car Wax
•Meguiar’s Ultimate Wax (Paste/Liquid/Spray)
•Collinite #845
•Pinnacle Sig. Series II Carnauba Wax
•3M Perfect-It Show Car Wax
•”The Klasse Twins”
•Optimum Car Wax
•Optimum Opti-Seal
•Mother’s California Gold Synthetic Wax
•Mother’s California Gold Carnauba Wax
•Ultima Paint Guard Plus
•Flitz Wax Speed Wax
•P21S 100% Carnauba Wax
•S100 Carnauba Wax

Bob

All around 845 is the best. So durable, easy to use, works on trim and looks great on most paints. Fk1000p is great as well. Zymol Glasur, M16, M26, 915, mother's carnauba are great. I love look of Z2 but have had too many etching issues.

My favorites:
Collinite 845
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant
Griots One Step Sealant
Sonax Spray and Seal

Duragloss 111 - Excellent gloss, and durability. Takes a minute to dry.

Duragloss Aquawax - Slick, durable, smells fantastic.

Zymol Creame / Carbon - Easy on / off, smells great. Beautiful water behavior. The beads resist clinging to the paint.

Optimum Opti-Seal - Super easy on/"off", works great with ONR washes. Doesn't seem as durable as a traditional sealant.

Meguiar's M21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0 - Easy on/off leaves a slick, shell-like feel to the paint. Fairly durable. Reliable, and trustworthy.

Meguiar's M16 - Haven't used it much, but it seems very durable, and beads well.

Meguiar's M26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax - My first pro wax way back when. "Old faithful". I can always count on M26 to deliver basic protection with "glowing" results.

Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax - Similar to M21. The protection seems more "rubbery"(?) Than the hard shell of 21. Seems to have similar durability.

Rupes 808 Sealant - Easy to use, slick, glossy.

Optimum Car Wax - Easy to use, super slick, versatile, and smells incredible.

My favorites:

Duragloss 111
Zymol Creame
Meguiar's M21

My faves:
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0- easy to use. Nice glossy look. lasts past 6 months.
Blackfire Sealant- really good on metal flake- love the way it beads water
Blackfire Black Ice- for dark colors but looked shockingly good on my silver Mustang- lasts 5-6 months

Don't likes
Meguiar's gold Class- looked really good but didn't last much past a month
The old Black Magic liquid wax- Braded nice and lasted a while- streaky, hard to get off.

Paste: Like- Fuzion, Pinnacle SS2, FK1000, Megs Gold class and Ultimate, DODO Light fantastic
Don't like- Bouncer's, Auto Finesse

Liquid: Like- Megs Ult/ Gold class, Pinnacle liq Sov, WGDGS, Mckees sealant, Collinite 845(love/hate can be a PiTA.)
Don't like- HD poxy

Spray: Like- Aqua wax, Megs Ult, WGDGSS, Optimum spray, D156, V07, Pinnacle spray sov, CG blitz, Polish angel
Don't like- WG fuzion spray, Nano shock sprays, Meg's gold class spray, Lucas slick mist.

All around 845 is the best. So durable, easy to use, works on trim and looks great on most paints. Fk1000p is great as well. Zymol Glasur, M16, M26, 915, mother's carnauba are great. I love look of Z2 but have had too many etching issues.

Using 845 on trim should be avoided according to Collinite. Insulator Wax >> Collinite

Who else uses it on trim ?

Favorites: Duragloss 111 (topped with Aquawax), WGDGS (topped with McKees Fast wax), Collinite 845 (topped with McKees Fast wax). Also PNS.

I have not tried many of the other sealants n waxes as I have only been really taking care of my cars since taking Mike,s class spring 2018 (mainly because I finally got rid of my 15 to 20 year old cars ,which I did keep washed n waxed with stuff from local auto store, and finally was able to purchase some fairly new vehicles. 6 years of putting kids through college n getting them married chews up a boat load of money)

I only use hybrid waxes and ceramic based or hybrid toppers. All those other waxes are all yesterdays news Imo.

WDGPS 3.0 is my favorite.
Can top and extend with McKees Fast Wax and Wolfgang spritz.
Pleased with ease of application, longevity, and the ability to extend it with these toppers.

I only use hybrid waxes and ceramic based or hybrid toppers. All those other waxes are all yesterdays news Imo.

On certain paints, darks especially, nothing beats an oily wax like Souveran or CG50/50 for looks. They can make the paint appear to be floating like a water mirage on pavement.

Good to know, but this isn't adding to the thread.

The OP wanted to know about waxes & sealants, and what those who use them like or dislike about them.

On certain paints, darks especially, nothing beats an oily wax like Souveran or CG50/50 for looks. They can make the paint appear to be floating like a water mirage on pavement.

Totally agree.

Back