PDA

View Full Version : New Car, and a new color for me

daveo
03-04-2008, 07:05 PM
After 230,000 miles my transmission finally went on my mountaineer. Well i picked up another one. My old one was a grayish silver color. My new one is more of a metallic red. Was thinking of trying out Souveran on it although I had really liked the SSII. Will the Souveran mute the flakes or bring out the red? Also any one have any recommendations about the clearcoat? I plan on polishing it when the weather gets better. Thanks.

Dave

ScottB
03-04-2008, 07:38 PM
While Souveran doesnt mute, it doesnt enhance the metallic flake as SSII will. I suggest trying Wolfgang or Four Star UPP first, and add SSII as needed/wanted.

trlblazer3
03-04-2008, 08:46 PM
While Souveran doesnt mute, it doesnt enhance the metallic flake as SSII will. I suggest trying Wolfgang or Four Star UPP first, and add SSII as needed/wanted.

:whs:

makdaddy626
03-04-2008, 10:52 PM
On my black metalic I like Souveran, it doesn't mute anything, just doens't enhance the flakes and it looks nice and WET!

Surfer
03-04-2008, 11:15 PM
I have a Mountaineer as well, had two actually. Great trucks, perfect size, and reliable. Have just over 100K on current one that I got new. I almost traded it a few times when I was thinking of a bigger truck for towing, Denali etc, and just couldn't part with it for some reason. Only vehicle I've actually kept that hit 100K, never kept any vehicle that long.