Help with Waterless Wash: Wolfgang vs Blackfire vs Pinnacle vs Ultima

AlexD

Reaction score
Hi guys,
my first post here on Autogeek, hope it's in the right section. I'd like to apologize if this was already covered in some other thread.

So my question is about waterless washes. I really like using waterless wash (aside for quick touches up) for drying aid, and I'd like to ask you guys which in your opinion is the slickest and maybe "thickest" one to be used on a wet surface, after a rinseless or a regular wash.

I am currently using Wolfgang Uber diluted at quick detailer ratio and I'm liking it so far, but I wanted to know if there was a slicker/less watery one that gives even a slicker feeling to the paint as well.

My choices would be between Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless, Blackfire Waterless Wash and Ultima Waterless Wash Plus, aside the Wolfgang Uber that I'm already using.

Thank you a lot in advance!

Cheers

What kind of lsp do you currently have going on your paint?

Blackfire, Pinnacle, and UWW+ are all slightly thicker than Uber when diluted properly. I can’t say whether they are slicker as I haven’t used Uber in awhile, but I think those 3 are very slick during use.

Thanks guys for the feedbacks!

Love Duragloss 931 but it's actually more expensive due to its lower dilution ratio than the other ones, that's why I was considering something between those listed above. :)

As for the LSP, cars would wear Jescar Power Lock or Sonax Polymer Netshield.

You want something that will leave your paint slick? I’d recommend the Renny Doyle Beadmaker.

I'd throw Ech20 in the mix,cleans and slick

I would go with something that doesn't leave anything behind if you use PNS. It will just change its' behavior.

I'm a big waterless fan. I use D115 8:1 with distilled water to liberally spray up the car, lightly wipe away the dirt, one panel at a time, using only clean area's of the MF. Once clean then I lightly spray up the paintwork with either beadmaker or D156 X-Press Synthetic Wax. I would say D156 is slicker. But both do a great job. Both my cars are black, owned from new and both needed a paint correction coming from the dealer. After over a hundred or so waterless washes each, and they have very very little in way of scratches. Just some very fine hairline ones and you'd have to look hard in direct sunlight to notice them. They are VW's so i suppose you could use the argument that VW's does have hard paint, and therefore harder to install swirls.. But that sure didn't stop the dealership from making horrid swirls in their PDI delivery clean. Anyway, big thumbs up for waterless here !

I'm a big fan of Wolfgang Uber as it doesn't leave anything behind. There is usually a gallon pre-mixed in my garage. I use Sonax PNS on my daily, and will use Sonax Brilliant Shine as a drying aid when I do a two bucket wash, or to get bird bombs off of it. But use the WG in between regular washes on it, and on my motorcycle as well.

I also take care of my mother's car, and will use Pinnacle as it leaves carnauba behind. (Her's is waxed with Collinite 845.)

Wow guys, thanks for the feedbacks!

I was more curious about the Blackfire and the Pinnacle ones and how they would perform compared to Wolfgang Uber, moreover if they would be slicker and offer more lubrication during the drying stage.

About Sonax BSD, I prefer applying after drying tbh, cause I don't find it that slick as drying aid.

About Car Pro Ech2o, I'm not sure, but I never really liked it. Too hazy and its finish was not the best either imo. Although it would be probably my first choice if the car was coated maybe.

Blackfire, Pinnacle, and UWW+ are all slightly thicker than Uber when diluted properly. I can’t say whether they are slicker as I haven’t used Uber in awhile, but I think those 3 are very slick during use.
For whatever it’s worth, Pinnacle and BF are my two fave WEs (Pinnacle if I want carnauba). But UWW+ and WG are so close behind as they are all awesome in my opinion. Not sure any perform way better than others. For more slickness, maybe try WG slightly more concentrated.

.... try WG slightly more concentrated.

I will always "overdo it" with the products I use.

Not like a crazy person, but if it calls for (just an example) 1oz. per 3 gallons, I add 1.5.

Just my way of making DAMN sure. Lol :)

I may start (over)doing this as well... I’m just paranoid of screwing something up numerous times without ever noticing (in this case I guess worst case would be some streaking, which I doubt is an issue based on knowing these products). I think I’ve grown enough now to step outside the exact directions and see what the results are.

I may start (over)doing this as well... I’m just paranoid of screwing something up numerous times without ever noticing (in this case I guess worst case would be some streaking, which I doubt is an issue based on knowing these products). I think I’ve grown enough now to step outside the exact directions and see what the results are.

I've spent my entire life bending rules. (With some unwanted consequences at times to be sure....)

But my cavalier attitude in the detailing realm has yet to jump up and bite me in the arse. ;)

I will always "overdo it" with the products I use.

Not like a crazy person, but if it calls for (just an example) 1oz. per 3 gallons, I add 1.5.

Just my way of making DAMN sure. Lol :)

Ahaha, I usually overdo as well most of the times.

If I'd like to "overdo" and make indeed WG Uber more concentrated, how do you guys suggest to dilute it?

I fit helps, my review of Pinnacle Waterless.

Awesome, thank you! :)

Ahaha, I usually overdo as well most of the times.

If I'd like to "overdo" and make indeed WG Uber more concentrated, how do you guys suggest to dilute it?
You could start by doubling or increasing by 50%.

Back