Your go to interior cleaner b4 protectant ?

RoyalOud83

Reaction score
Looking for advice on a product(s) to use cleaning ( degreasing?) on the vinyl interior pieces on my 13’ Avalons ( black ) interior.

Years ago I used to use a diluted “Simple Green” mixture on the interior of my 300zx before applying a protectant.

What do you guys use?
Is “Simple Green” still a go to?
Is it safe?
Is there anything better?

Thank you.
-Spice&Wood83

Been using the new 303 interior cleaner, very impressive! Has a nice, fresh scent and cleans very well

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have been using a non-Autogeek Interior Detailer for a long time now but also just ordered some of the 303 to see what it's like. The McKees 37 Total Interior Cleaner is pretty good, too.

I really like the Ultima Interior Schampoo Gel. Even if it's a little on the expensive side. The hughe benefit for me is that it's totaly safe to just wipe it off with a dry mf towel. So no need to be wipe off with a damp or wet mf towel as it's useally needed to be done. Then it has a really great cleaning ability and also suits all of the different interior parts to clean with it. Have not tried the newer version with the Antibacterial Active Defense in it.

Follow that up with the Ultima Interior Guard Plus and you have the interior protected too. Also versitale as you can apply it on the leather and carpet and upholstry and vinyl. Not a high gloss product which I like and gives the protected parts a newer look. I have not used it on leather as it's actually an uncommon option in DD here in Sweden. But the reviews from them who have used has been great. And was a little of a hype some years ago here on AGO. A little product goes a long way as with all Ultima products.

If I where to prep for an interior coating. I would follow the manufactures recommendations to clean and prep before application. These coatings seems to be doing a great work to keep the interior to looking great and have a great protection.

GG interior cleaner works great to clean up the interior, but if it's kept up GG interior detailer is a great option for maintenance. personally, i'm not a fan of (dedicated) dressing the interior...

Griot's Garage Interior Detailer Aerosol
griot-s-garage-interior-detailer-aerosol-18.gif

Here’s the difference between applying protectant or dressing [in this case my favorite is BriteMax Interior Dressing]

95f10046a97d355ee2393e1098167f51.jpg

7e830a2b94d5ca1ac35e9f130ea23c66.jpg

As car as the pre cleaning to ensure all leather, vinyl, and non clear painted plastics are exceptionally clean, I use Meguiars D181 Leather Cleaner.

27cd84ad16325f25ed58dd5eda3d0e8b.jpg

I like Griot's Garage Interior Cleaner as a cleaner to be followed up with 303 Aerospace Protectant as a detailer/protectant. I've also used GG Interior Detailer and Adam's Interior Detailer, and between those two I prefer the Adam's. Love the GG Interior CLEANER, though.

Has anyone tried Jax Wax Total Interior? It looks good, and I've heard good things about it.

I have used only a few interior cleaners in the last so many years but I do like GG‘S Interior Cleaner. It’s a very mild yet cleans well. Nextzett Cockpit Cleaner it’s probably a little bit more our deeper cleaner yet still gentle. In the last month I have also tried Herrenfarht Dashboard Detailer Which works very well but that would be more of a boutique item.
I never really let my interiors get too dirty so any of those three would work well but I think the cockpit cleaner would probably do a better job of deep cleaning. My go to interior detailer is either GG’s Interior Detailer or their Rubber and Vinyl Protectant.
Personally I would not be at a loss if I were to use GG’s Products exclusively as they work well never disappoint and are reasonably priced.

However as far as interior cleaners go I’m sure there are so many equally as good products and it comes down to personal preference. And frankly unless there’s something terribly wrong with the producton a well maintained interior, I bet you you couldn’t tell the difference between any of them in terms of actual performance.

Alien Kleen???
Yeah, it's what OPC was referred to by a guy on here many years ago and a number of people ran with the name too, so it has stuck with me. He said it was Alien Kleen because it "cleaned things like it was out of this world". Since then, 7 years ago, it's been the only APC I've ever bought!

Yeah, it's what OPC was referred to by a guy on here many years ago and a number of people ran with the name too, so it has stuck with me. He said it was Alien Kleen because it "cleaned things like it was out of this world". Since then, 7 years ago, it's been the only APC I've ever bought!

Lol. I’ve been around here a while and don’t remember that. Anyway

1:3 for really filthy and also grimy leather.

1:8 for general cleaning.

1:15 for light wipedowns.

Occasionally straight for really tough stuff.

It has never let me down.

Back