PDA

View Full Version : Product Confusion

Pages : [1] 2

lkaten
07-13-2019, 09:58 AM
With so many product choices, I’m a little confused as to the best combination for that deep glossy shine I’m looking for. I have a brand new BMW with Sunset Orange Metallic paint and live in Colorado Springs, where the sun is very intense and roads get salted in winter. I’ve clayed with Wolfgang clay, put a coat of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, and have topped with Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Wax. I use Wolfgang Auto Bathe for washing and have some Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz. I’ve also ordered some Pinnacle Liquid Spray Wax for maintenance after washes. I’m wondering if I’ve got this right...should the Souveran Spray Wax be used after washes? Should the Instant Detail Spritz be used between washes? I’ve also seen on your website the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal. Does this fit in anywhere in my regimen? Seems that that is also recommended for plastic trim, headlights, and chrome on my grill. Is this better than the other products I already have? Something better that I’m missing?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mike@ShineStruck
07-13-2019, 11:32 PM
Just get a quality known brand/product

No one knows the answer to this question and majority won't be able to tell a gloss difference anyways

Use what you got and or like

swanicyouth
07-14-2019, 11:45 AM
Don’t swallow the Kool Aid. All those products are good. There is not necessarily right or wrong way or time to use them.

With those products used correctly; the only additional “shine” you will get is from polishing. Unless you just wanna buy stuff; then I’m sure someone will tell you something is better.

Liquid Seal is a nice spray sealant. Goes on everything. It doesn’t last very long though. But it smells really good. Sonax Brilliant Shine is a cheaper and better spray sealant. Can be used on everything.

So now you need to buy that, ha!

Markymapo
07-14-2019, 01:40 PM
I have a BMW M 4 metallic grey and basically use what you have listed. You are doing just fine with those products.

FUNX650
07-14-2019, 05:10 PM
...new BMW with Sunset Orange Metallic paint

S.O.M. paint:
I sure wouldn’t want to be the one that’s
trying to do, what you are trying to do.

Nope: I don’t envy you one bit!

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/865B0A32-2A49-4522-9AF5-02E64DBAD6C4.jpeg

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/B4399682-94F8-4620-BD5F-7B8EC9E8A865.jpeg

:)

Bob

lkaten
07-14-2019, 11:06 PM
Very nice!

lkaten
07-14-2019, 11:08 PM
I have a BMW M 4 metallic grey and basically use what you have listed. You are doing just fine with those products.

Thanks Markymapo...do you mean you are also using the WG Liquid Seal?

lkaten
07-14-2019, 11:10 PM
Thank you all for the comments.

Mike Phillips
07-15-2019, 08:56 AM
With so many product choices, I’m a little confused as to the best combination for that deep glossy shine I’m looking for.

I have a brand new BMW with Sunset Orange Metallic paint and live in Colorado Springs, where the sun is very intense and roads get salted in winter. I’ve clayed with Wolfgang clay, put a coat of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, and have topped with Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Wax.

I use Wolfgang Auto Bathe for washing and have some Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz.

I’ve also ordered some Pinnacle Liquid Spray Wax for maintenance after washes.

I’m wondering if I’ve got this right...should the Souveran Spray Wax be used after washes? Should the Instant Detail Spritz be used between washes? I’ve also seen on your website the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal. Does this fit in anywhere in my regimen?

Seems that that is also recommended for plastic trim, headlights, and chrome on my grill. Is this better than the other products I already have? Something better that I’m missing?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

All of the above works. Thousands of people have used the same products and pretty much done the same things.

I'd recommend getting this to wash with...

KILLER CAR WASH - Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews-by-mike-phillips/123690-killer-car-wash-wolfgang-uber-sio2-coating-wash.html)

Here's my original review. I used a neglected BMW for the review.

Review: Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews-by-mike-phillips/123249-review-wolfgang-uber-sio2-coating-wash.html)

Freaking amazing car wash.

:)

lkaten
07-15-2019, 02:05 PM
Thanks Mike,
I was thinking that an SiO2 containing product was intended more for ceramic coated paint. I'll have to give the Uber SiO2 Coating Wash a try after I run out of my Auto Bathe.

DETAILROOKIE
07-15-2019, 07:31 PM
Good lord what is on that paint?! What an amazing looking car!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

lkaten
07-16-2019, 07:36 AM
Good lord what is on that paint?! What an amazing looking car!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Thanks DETAILROOKIE,
After claying, I put one coat of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant followed by a coat of Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Wax.

lkaten
07-16-2019, 10:34 AM
Another question regarding my coatings...
When I got this car from the dealer, they had "detailed" it...which I assume was a quick coat of a wax. So, before I applied Wolfgang Deep Gloss PS I washed and clayed the car. Was it a mistake for me not to remove any existing wax from the dealer with something like Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer before putting my sealant on?

rlmccarty2000
07-16-2019, 11:48 AM
Not a huge problem, but in the future I would remove all existing LSPs and start with a clean slate to get the best shine. Wash, iron-x, clay, wash, polish/correct, panel wipe, apply LSP.

lkaten
07-16-2019, 11:06 PM
Just want to be sure I’ve got it right and that SiO2 products are compatible with all that I am doing...I can use the Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash as my routine wash and continue to use Pinnacle Souveran Spray Wax over that? ...and use Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz between washes?