Question about layering wax

aznalex168

Reaction score
Hi all,

My question concerns about layering Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax. Wolfgang's Deep Gloss Paint Sealants takes about 12-24 hours to cure before layering another coat. Does Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax need to have a cure period before laying another coat? I tried to search for the answer and could not find any. Hope to hear from you all, Thanks.

Alex

Go ahead put down another coat of Souveran, it will be find.

It has been offered that waxes dont truly add to one another on a level that most suspect would increase durability, the second coat is usuallly more about uniform coverage and any missed spots.

what i do is wash then wax .then wash again then apply anothercoat of wax. this way the cold water shocks the first wax coat speeding up cure time ......

what i do is wash then wax .then wash again then apply anothercoat of wax. this way the cold water shocks the first wax coat speeding up cure time ......

Rather than take the time to wash again, you could spritz with cold water (I keep a spray bottle in the fridge outside) and wipe off with a mf...takes less time.

Rather than take the time to wash again, you could spritz with cold water (I keep a spray bottle in the fridge outside) and wipe off with a mf...takes less time.

:iagree:

There has always been a lot of discussion about whether or not it is possible to layer carnauba on a car, it works on leather boots and in my experience it also works on a cars paint service. Carnauba wax to produce a ‘depth of shine’ providing you take the necessary precautions to prevent the solvents both re-liquefying and removing the previous wax layers, usually a spit shined surface is slicker, smoother, and has different beading characteristics; with even smaller tighter water beads. The durability is about the same (or slightly better) and although spit shining is very time consuming, the improved depth of shine and glossy appearance is worth it

Usually, a wax with a high solvent content will remove the previous layer, so use a Carnauba that is not formulated with a high solvent content (Pinnacle Souverän) Using a damp applicator and cold (almost ice) distilled water in a fine mist spray bottle neutralizes any solvents in the newly applied layer; the water should be cold, using ice cold water after applying a wax will harden the wax quicker making the shine deeper and help the new wax adhere to the finish, working until the water/ wax solution disappears

See also - Spit Shining - Spit Shining: - Detail University - Auto Detailing Forum

yes that would also work. but i love playing with my shampoopss:p

just curious about the cold water spritz.

that technique, aplies to sealants too? or just to Carnauba waxes?

thanks in advance

Just carnauba. Sealants molecullary bond to paint and need adequite time to do so. Adding water during the bonding process will hinder the bonding which will result in poor durability and or streaking.

Just carnauba. Sealants molecullary bond to paint and need adequite time to do so. Adding water during the bonding process will hinder the bonding which will result in poor durability and or streaking.

excellent, thank you

Last edited:
Back