PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a versatile polish

BTLew81
09-14-2019, 04:34 PM
Just got my 18 accord back after having the windshield replaced. Of course they did me a favor and wiped part of the hood and roof with some QD because they smudged it up. Smh

time for a quick polish. I have some hd polish, which has been good, but also looking for something new. Something that works well as a very light polish but can remove defects using a light cutting pad. Have been thinking about hyper polish but interested in your thoughts. Don’t want to go nuts pricewise.

Thanks!

PaulMys
09-14-2019, 04:49 PM
Griot's creams work very well.

But I also have the HD Polish like you. I think it works just as good as the Griot's.

fly07sti
09-14-2019, 05:13 PM
Hyper Polish. Cuts pretty well and can finish out amazing on the softest Honda or Subaru paint. Been using it for years and I buy it by the gallon.

BTLew81
09-14-2019, 05:14 PM
Thanks. The hyper scares me because it’s a spray but I’ll get over it. Lol. As far as the griots creams, is the perfecting enough for minor marring on Honda paint, or?

PaulMys
09-14-2019, 05:23 PM
Thanks. The hyper scares me because it’s a spray but I’ll get over it. Lol. As far as the griots creams, is the perfecting enough for minor marring on Honda paint, or?

I would say yes.

I have gotten some minor swirls out with it on a Jeep Wrangler.

chinee
09-14-2019, 05:47 PM
Blackfire One Step... you can't go wrong. Recently used on black Taurus... removed prior sealant and provided a mirror like shine. Removed swirls and scratches too.

fly07sti
09-14-2019, 05:54 PM

Just it it the traditional way. Just a runnier consistency.

Jayfro
09-14-2019, 05:59 PM
I've used both Blackfire One Step and Pinnacle Polish on my black Acura TLX, both are very good. One step will have better cutting than pinnacle, it really depends on what condition the paint is in.

Another great advantage is both are "Bubba Proof", meaning the abrasives that the both contain won't marr your paint, trust me on that one, personal experience using another brand not sold on AG (thank God)!

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

FUNX650
09-14-2019, 06:15 PM
Something that works well as a
very light polish

but can remove defects using a
light cutting pad.

I find that Meguiar’s M09 Swirl Remover
meets, or exceeds, your criteria.

Don’t want to go nuts pricewise.

Warning!
At its current sale-price...
Meguiar’s M09 will set you back
to the tune of $13.09 for 16oz. :eek:

Bob

SWETM
09-15-2019, 12:11 AM
I would also like to be testing out the Optimum Hyper Polish. Currently useing Sonax EX 04-06 and Perfect Finish and Carpro Reflect. Which gets like a medium cut polish when you up the aggressiveness of the pad. Works great on from soft finicky paints to harder paints. Hyper Polish seems very easy to apply on the pads with spray it on vs blobb it on LOL.

Dan Tran
09-15-2019, 05:33 AM
I highly recommend Optimum Hyper Polish. It works well on Japanese paint.

If you are able to wrap your mind around the fact that it is a spray polish, this product can do wonders.

There are some guys out there who don’t use much in the Optimum product line and yet they LOVE Hyper Polish.

High-End Paint Correction and Opti-Coat Ceramic Coatings * Portsmouth, NH (https://www.thebuffingmoose.com/)