PDA

View Full Version : gripaddict Thanks for the dislikes lol. Grow up and follow the rules of the forum

Pages : [1] 2

The Guz
10-19-2019, 12:12 AM
I don't normally do this but there is always an exception. It seems you are still upset because I originally called you out for constantly starting a new thread. It is not necessary to continually do so. One thread and move on. All you are doing is promoting your youtube channel to garner views. You have already been warned by the folks at Atutogeek for not following the forum rules and your previous threads have been deleted. Continue with this same behavior and your stay here will be short lived. Take my advice and become a contributing member of the forum rather than constantly spamming your channel for views.

By the way it's pretty hilarious and childish to dislike my threads. It does not bother me one bit. As a matter of fact I expect a dislike for this thread lol.

The mods can lock this thread at any time.

Coatingsarecrack
10-19-2019, 02:38 AM
Didn’t even know dislikes were a thing.... don’t see a button.... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
10-19-2019, 04:22 AM
Never seen this guys threads anyway Guz[emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

acuRAS82
10-19-2019, 07:08 AM
I haven’t seen him either, and didn’t find via half-effort search.

Bruno Soares
10-19-2019, 07:10 AM
IMO this dislike button shouldn’t even exist. Or they should change the function to close the current tab when someone clicks dislike. If anybody doesn’t like something, move on. No point offending others.

fightnews
10-19-2019, 08:33 AM
IMO this dislike button shouldn’t even exist. Or they should change the function to close the current tab when someone clicks dislike. If anybody doesn’t like something, move on. No point offending others.

I dont like that Idea. People should be able to debate respectfully if they have difrent opinions. That's how you learn diffrent things.

Mike Phillips
10-19-2019, 09:47 AM
Just to chime in,

I don't pay much attention to likes and dislikes or "thanks" for posts. Of course it's nice to know others like your contributions.

A quick check of my stats shows,

Thanks (Given): 39
Thanks (Received): 1700
Likes (Given):78
Likes (Received): 4887
Dislikes (Given): 0
Dislikes (Received): 12

I rarely "Like" or "Thank" others for their posts, not because I don't appreciate them, in part, my brain doesn't think like that, (to give a like or a thanks), and in part I can't keep up with my normal job duties as it is so now days EVERYTING is something or something extra.

:dunno:

Mike Phillips
10-19-2019, 09:58 AM
All you are doing is promoting your youtube channel to garner views.

This has been trend, a slow trend but it will probably get worse before it gets better as anyone and their brother with a cell phone can now be an expert on YouTube.

We've had a few others join for the sole reason to spam our forum with their YouTube videos to drive traffic to their YouTube channel. IF you look at their posting history, you don't actually find a history of them joining to interact on this forum, but instead joining to simply have another social media platform to spread their videos to send traffic to their channel to hopefully, grow their channel.

That's not really what this forum is for, that is a conduit to get traffic. It's to come and either get help by asking questions, or offer help by answering questions.

Currently there is not a specific forum rule against spamming this forum with videos with the intention to send traffic to one's YouTube Channel. But forum rules should be LIQUID - that is they should be able to evolve with the changing times to stay current with trends, be they good or bad.

When I started working for Autogeek, there were no real forum rules. There was a paragraph that asked everyone to be nice and this worked for most people. But over time, a few forum bullies embedded themselves here and after about of year of putting up with their negative and demeaning posts to everyone, we adopted and modified the forum rules I wrote for MOL.

Car Wax History

:)

Bill D
10-19-2019, 10:04 AM
I vote to add a rule that states no YouTube spamming. This forum is for gaining knowledge and contributing knowledge about detailing, not growing someone’s channel. The rules should indeed be liquid and here’s an example of them needing to be.

fightnews
10-19-2019, 10:20 AM
Idk who watches some random nobodies YouTube videos anyway. I wouldn't, If I watch a YouTube video it's going to be from someone who is an expert in thier field. I'll watch Mike, Emeril Lagasse, Mike Tyson ect ect..

I'm not going to watch someone who doesn't know what they're doing

BadRims
10-19-2019, 10:39 AM
Perhaps this is off topic but it’s worth noting how much I enjoy this forum. Life is stressful and I find the discussions (and even arguments) about the smallest details relaxing. I’m a politically opinionated person and I enjoy the lack of politics and other controversial topics. At the end of the day everyone here is working towards a similar end.

I see Mike Phillips setting one of the best examples on the internet of how to respond to someone who’s comment may be snarky. I’m not sure how he’s done it for so long without going mad.

I have no idea who The Guz is but I read most of his posts. I consider his opinion to be the gold standard. (For example, I read a post recently where he said it was ok to put onr on top of a ceramic coat so i will be doing that this weekend.)

I do see people pushing their own services and content. I also see references to competitor websites. But for the most part I think the forum members understand and appreciate the written and unwritten rules. More so than on other sites.

We all have pet peeves, and I have gotten upset by others actions online, but at the end of the day there are bigger issues to worry about. (Admittedly, this is easier said than done.)

Bruno Soares
10-19-2019, 12:54 PM
I dont like that Idea. People should be able to debate respectfully if they have difrent opinions. That's how you learn diffrent things.

Debating is one thing. Just plain telling the other person I don’t like your post is not respectful. State your opinion and why you don’t agree but leave the other person with their own opinion. We don’t have to pick sides or agree with everything everyone here says.

I’ve seen threads started and basically all they contain is a YouTube video, probably the ones Guz is taking about. I close the tab, don’t watch the video, and I don’t say anything. Perhaps the person has no ill intentions and maybe even took his/her time to create the video. So I simply ignore and don’t click dislike, even if deep down I don’t like it or see no value.

bfielder32087
10-19-2019, 01:19 PM
I've never heard of gripaddict but there's one named Spam the Organizer who only uses this forum to promote his YouTube. Or at least he did I don't think I've seen it in a little while.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

The Guz
10-19-2019, 01:34 PM
I just found it funny that I received about 8 dislikes for 8 different threads all because I had mentioned that only one post is needed rather than spamming the forum. No reason to distract the forum and not be a contributor to help others out.

DMiglio
10-19-2019, 01:57 PM
I've never heard of gripaddict but there's one named Spam the Organizer who only uses this forum to promote his YouTube. Or at least he did I don't think I've seen it in a little while.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

And like that.. he appeared!