New Graphene product from IGL and maybe carpro?

Mgavin1985

Reaction score
It’s for sale here it’s called F4 from IGl it’s a coating non abrasive polish/filler/fixer top coat same type of product as esscence plus anyone used? I’m waiting for the sema showing carpro I’ve heard is releasing Graphene.....Maybe AVI can drop a hint.

That's was an interesting rumor about the Carpro graphene product. The IGL Renew F4 seems very interesting and not so much of information about it. But it's very new too. Will be interesting to see how many graphene based products that's being released at sema this year. Think that I have read about IGL will be releasing a full blown graphene coating very soon and probebly at SEMA. Their paint coatings is usually certified only sadly. Graphene is moving fast into the detailing products now.

IGL Ecoshine Renew F4 - 300gm

/ Tony

Oh good something to make everyone not talk about ceramic coatings or SiO2. LOL. Now Im gonna have to see graphene everywhere. lol lol Just being a negative nancy today

CarPro hasn’t confirmed any Graphene coating and I haven’t heard anything about it. It’s just a rumor at this point.

Justin made a post recently on using this IGL product.

Angelwax will be releasing some Graphene products.

SPS already is out with theirs and they also introduced a Graphene infused QD.

It’s the next buzz word as the coating market moves forward. SEMA will be the stage for Graphene.

CarPro hasn’t confirmed any Graphene coating and I haven’t heard anything about it. It’s just a rumor at this point.

Justin made a post recently on using this IGL product.

Angelwax will be releasing some Graphene products.

SPS already is out with theirs and they also introduced a Graphene infused QD.

It’s the next buzz word as the coating market moves forward. SEMA will be the stage for Graphene.

What is the benefits supposed to be guz?

Well all I can say is that I am holding out for coatings made with "Vibranium"

We shot a segment for this last week on "My Classic Car".

Piqued my curiosity.

It's like a non-abrasive paint cleaner that leaves graphene behind on the surface. The Graphene is some new form of protective coating that creates a super hydrophobic surface that also offers great longevity.

I'm looking forward to trying. We have a bottle of it that just returned to Autogeek yesterday from all the stuff we shipped to the set of "My Classic Car".

:)

•Currently, Graphene goes for ~$200 a gram:
-Damn those nanotubes!

•Graphite—>Graphene:
-Hmm...
RE: Coatings’ claim to 9H pencil hardness:
is this “the rest of the story?” ~P. Harvey

Bob

What is the benefits supposed to be guz?

Graphene is well known for its durability and protection. It’s more hydrophobic and chemical resistant. It is well known in industries such as aerospace.

Graphene is expensive. So expect products to not have as much within it.

Graphene is well known for its durability
and protection.
Yep, at this moment in history, Graphene is the
strongest substance mankind has ever known.

It is well known in industries such as aerospace.
If detailing products’ manufacturers are able
to divert some of it—to be used in products
designated for the Consumer market—What
a major coup that would be, IMO.

Bob

If it’s a paint cleaner that leaves behind Graphene might skip until something more concentrated hits market hopefully on 11/5/19. Graphite on the other hands not so strong but good at making things slide past each when it’s a tight squeeze who needs molybdenum. Graphite it’s a slippery slop. What the Christ am I mumbling on about I sound like Bob.:dblthumb2:

What the Christ am I
mumbling on about

I sound like Bob.
FF733D39-4BD3-40E8-B6FB-23395860C8F2.jpeg

Bob

Graphene is expensive. So expect products to not have as much within it.
Oh no, another ingredient war. The manufactures will start low and then add more % in order to get you to buy the largest amount of Graphene in a product. Oh, and what about durability..LIFETIME!!

I get what graphene is and how it works and benefits products it’s used in. I wonder though is it truly better than sio2 as a paint coating. I can’t see it being more scratch resistance and watching Guz’s YouTube videos it is truly hydrophobic but doesnt seem better than some of the top of the line coatings out their.

Would like to see a side by side on a hood for a year or two. The product seems impressive but is it truly better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get what graphene is and how it works and benefits products it’s used in. I wonder though is it truly better than sio2 as a paint coating. I can’t see it being more scratch resistance and watching Guz’s YouTube videos it is truly hydrophobic but doesnt seem better than some of the top of the line coatings out their.

Would like to see a side by side on a hood for a year or two. The product seems impressive but is it truly better?

I re-did my (black) daily driver with a Graphene coating last May and it's doing very well, quite impressive w little maint on my part.

Is it because it has 'graphene' in it? I have no idea, nor do i really care much as long as it keeps working well. Impressive enough that I'm gonna throw it on a new work van this winter as it seems to do very well in low maintenance situations. Only been 6 months so no real idea if it's got the legs to be a good one but its come outta the gate very, very strongly.

Despite all the info on how hard graphene is, I thought I read somewhere that its resistance to marring had to do more with deflecting the angle of impact or slickness or something other than 'harder than XXX' and its resistance to permanent spotting/staining was partially do to somehow resisting heat in the panel. Again, the science is beyond me (or not really of any interest) and as long as it keeps working well, that's good enough, whatever the reason.

I re-did my (black) daily driver with a Graphene coating last May and it's doing very well, quite impressive w little maint on my part.

Is it because it has 'graphene' in it? I have no idea, nor do i really care much as long as it keeps working well. Impressive enough that I'm gonna throw it on a new work van this winter as it seems to do very well in low maintenance situations. Only been 6 months so no real idea if it's got the legs to be a good one but its come outta the gate very, very strongly.

Despite all the info on how hard graphene is, I thought I read somewhere that its resistance to marring had to do more with deflecting the angle of impact or slickness or something other than 'harder than XXX' and its resistance to permanent spotting/staining was partially do to somehow resisting heat in the panel. Again, the science is beyond me (or not really of any interest) and as long as it keeps working well, that's good enough, whatever the reason.

Would you say it’s as good, better, worse than your kamikaze experience. Zipang as I am assuming it’s not as costly and would like a fair comparison.

Guz if you see this your thoughts compared to first 6 months of CQUK3?

Would you say it’s as good, better, worse than your kamikaze experience. Zipang as I am assuming it’s not as costly and would like a fair comparison.

Guz if you see this your thoughts compared to first 6 months of CQUK3?

Will send ya a PM since both the products in question are non-AG stuff.

Does anyone know if you can top graphene with bead maker? :laughing: :laughing:

Back