Sonax PNS, GYEON Cancoat or Optimum Opti-Seal

58LesPaul

Reaction score
I've seen thread comparing Cancoat and PNS but does Opti-Seal compare to these? I know Cancoat is a coating and more expensive but I'm looking for longevity on my Camper. I would like to protect it once a year but that may not be an option.

I've seen thread comparing Cancoat and PNS but does Opti-Seal compare to these? I know Cancoat is a coating and more expensive but I'm looking for longevity on my Camper. I would like to protect it once a year but that may not be an option.

All these products, when applied properly, will yield up to 6 months if I am not mistaken. I haven’t used CanCoat yet, but the other ones will work as advertised. I think that the few times I used PNS, the results were amazing.

If you are looking for once a year, probably better to look into coatings such as CARPRO Cquartz Lite.

I can only vouch for PNS and CanCoat. Both perform similarly despite different base technology. Awesome self-cleaning and protection. Both apply quickly.

Depending on your location and environment, CanCoat may approach a year according to what I’ve read from those in mild climates.

Opti Seal won’t get you close to a year. More like 3-4 months. It’s not the most durable sealant. Easy to use and some use it as a drying aid when using ONR.

PNS will net you 6 months. You would want their CC36 if you want to get a year.

CanCoat can get up to a year. It depends on how it’s maintained and how it’s cared for. Maintains with something like Gyeon Cure will get you close to that year.

Depending on your location and environment, CanCoat may approach a year according to what I’ve read from those in mild climates.

In my mid-west USA climate, CanCoat will easily last 10 months (maybe longer) with regular washes and occasional toppings with Cure. I was doing a torture test on my previous car, but traded it in before CanCoat wore out. I was at the 10-month point and it was still going pretty strong. I easily could have made it a year.

Thanks guys! How many cans of Cancoat would I need for a 31 ft camper?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

1 can should be enough. A little goes a long way.

I haven’t used CanCoat yet,

If you are looking for once a year, probably better to look into coatings such as CARPRO Cquartz Lite.

Gyeon Cancoat is a coating lite. 6-12 months durability with a-lot of folks getting closer to year mark. Good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cancoat is awesome but if I was looking long term id go full blown coating. Alot of real estate to cover so i’d want it to last a while.

Cancoat is awesome but if I was looking long term id go full blown coating. Alot of real estate to cover so i’d want it to last a while.

Yes, I thought about that and considering GYEON Gelcoat. Any others you prefer?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

If your camper is gel coat im not sure what best would be.

If painted hard to beat cquartz. I have UK3 and its coming up on a year and still going strong. My car is garaged at night but driven 30-80 miles every day.

I’ll probably try Kamikaze next but it’ll be awhile. Im also interwsted in 22ple products and by the time i recoat (another year?) graphene products will be more readily available.

But again i expect 2 years out of Cquartz so only try something new to try something new...

Back