PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good interior detailer and uv protection spray

Pages : [1] 2 3

Temple90
04-19-2020, 07:09 PM
I am looking for a quick detailer and uv protection spray.
I tried IGL ecoclean interior, but it left some streaking on the plastics.

OMGClayAiken
04-19-2020, 08:01 PM
303 303 Aerospace Protectant, 303 aerospace, 303 protectant, aerospace protectant, 303 products, 303 (https://www.autogeek.net/303aerprot.html)

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

oneheadlite
04-19-2020, 08:07 PM
I like the Griot’s Interior Detailer. Buying a gallon next time.

Jayfro
04-19-2020, 08:39 PM
I’ve used the 303 Protectant a few times now and really really like it, not shiny but not dull either.

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

rudedog830
04-19-2020, 09:47 PM
+1 for 303

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

PA DETAILER
04-20-2020, 11:50 AM
DP Interior All-In-One cleans, shines and protects your plastic, leather and vinyl surfaces, keeping your interior looking as though you barely use it (https://www.autogeek.net/dp-interior-all-in-one.html)

I would give this a look.

FUNX650
04-20-2020, 07:53 PM
I am looking for a quick detailer
and uv protection spray.

Meguiar’s Quik Interior Detailer
(Get a whole gallon for only $24.00)

Bob

hoyt66
04-21-2020, 05:35 AM
Bob, it advertises a "natural" look. Can you speak to the level of "shine" it leaves?

JDGolden
04-21-2020, 06:03 AM
Bob, it advertises a "natural" look. Can you speak to the level of "shine" it leaves?

I’ve used it for at least 12 years now. I would say it doesn’t have any shine at all. Just a clean surface is what’s left.

Coatingsarecrack
04-21-2020, 06:50 AM
P&s Xpress interior detailer for the win. Adam’s is also nice and it’s anti microbial, has UV blocker’s, odor neutralizer’s and ant static additives(?).

The P&S get’s rave reviews by Pan, Obsessed, The rag Company. Only $15.99 a gallon. I like it as well as Meg’s IQD but have only used otc version.

P&S Xpress Interior Cleaner 128 oz. (https://www.autogeek.net/ps-xpress-interior-cleaner-128.html)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

briarpatch
04-21-2020, 09:27 AM
P&s Xpress interior detailer for the win. Adam’s is also nice and it’s anti microbial, has UV blocker’s, odor neutralizer’s and ant static additives(?).

The P&S get’s rave reviews by Pan, Obsessed, The rag Company. Only $15.99 a gallon. I like it as well as Meg’s IQD but have only used otc version.

P&S Xpress Interior Cleaner 128 oz. (https://www.autogeek.net/ps-xpress-interior-cleaner-128.html)

X2 for P&S Xpress interior detailer....I've used Meguiars QID, Griots Interior Cleaner and McKees Fast Interior Detailer too...and this is the one I like best.

SNP209
04-21-2020, 11:48 AM

I've always been hesitant to pull the trigger on this because I was under the impression that it is just a cleaner and does not provide any UV protection.

briarpatch
04-21-2020, 11:55 AM
I've always been hesitant to pull the trigger on this because I was under the impression that it is just a cleaner and does not provide any UV protection.

I believe ur correct...I can not find anything that says it provides UV protection

Coatingsarecrack
04-21-2020, 12:05 PM

Yeah I read OP’s post as

I am looking for a quick detailer and uv protection spray.
I tried IGL ecoclean interior, but it left some streaking on the plastics.

Read: 2 products. Xpress cleans only but maybe that’s why I like it? [emoji2369] I didn’t make a suggestion for seperate protection as I’ve never really used any before as I felt I really didn’t need UV protection before my convertibles.

He is looking for a Quick Detailer WITH UV protection.

Yes Xpress doesn’t seem to offer protection.

The one’s that i’ve used that do

Adams>Meguiars

The Meg’s is a good product... I just like the look a little better and like that it’s anti bacterial. Im sure the Griots and Mckee’s are stellar too as they make good products.

Op I’m not sure how much protection IQD’s leave behind. I wouldn’t count on an exterior QD to leave enough protection for my paint.

Protect with 303 or the like and use one of these QD’s to maintain?

Also to note:

I called xPress interior detailer and I quoted it wrong. It is Xpress interior cleaner...

SNP209
04-21-2020, 02:37 PM
Yeah I read OP’s post as

Read: 2 products. Xpress cleans only but maybe that’s why I like it? [emoji2369] I didn’t make a suggestion for seperate protection as I’ve never really used any before as I felt I really didn’t need UV protection before my convertibles.

He is looking for a Quick Detailer WITH UV protection.

Yes Xpress doesn’t seem to offer protection.

The one’s that i’ve used that do

Adams>Meguiars

The Meg’s is a good product... I just like the look a little better and like that it’s anti bacterial. Im sure the Griots and Mckee’s are stellar too as they make good products.

Op I’m not sure how much protection IQD’s leave behind. I wouldn’t count on an exterior QD to leave enough protection for my paint.

Protect with 303 or the like and use one of these QD’s to maintain?

Also to note:

I called xPress interior detailer and I quoted it wrong. It is Xpress interior cleaner...

You raise a valid point about just how much protection an interior detailer leaves behind vs something like 303 protectant straight up. I usually just do a quick wipe down with the M37 detailer twice a month (I love the smell). I believe things like tinting your windows will help a great deal in reducing UV exposure (its on my to do list).

I'm still going to pick up the P&S Interior Cleaner since everyone seems to love it so much. I figure it will come in handy for tasks that require a bit more cleaning power than an IQD can provide but where an APC would be overkill. Plus I'm pretty sure I drive by one of their main distributors all the time in Hayward, CA.