PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang exterior trim sealant or M37 Tire gel?

MrOneEyedBoh
04-24-2020, 09:47 PM
So I was an avid PERL user but we'll, got tired of it not lasting through two rains. Also noticed the tires would turn brown over the time I've used it. Yes I've cleaned them well with tuffshine tire cleaner to remove the bloom, but the tires were older and I'd assume they should've stopped blooming.

Anyways on hand I have WETS and M37 Tire gel. My wife just got new tires and looking at what I should use. Does WETS work well on rubber? I have the gel on my truck which is pretty new. I used it on them when new and seems to be okay. I do get a few runs in the rain still tho...

I don't wanna buy anything else since I need to use what I have on hand...

Thanks!

Bruno Soares
04-25-2020, 06:43 AM
I’ve never tried WETS as tire dressing, too expensive for that. I think the bottle did say that was possible use for it.

McKee’s gel works but I wouldn’t say it’s any better than PERL, perhaps lasts even less time when it rains.

briarpatch
04-25-2020, 11:13 AM
I’ve never tried WETS as tire dressing, too expensive for that. I think the bottle did say that was possible use for it.

McKee’s gel works but I wouldn’t say it’s any better than PERL, perhaps lasts even less time when it rains.

Same experience with the McKees Tire Gel.....I was never a fan of aerosols....but recently tried Griots Black Satin Tire Coating and have been very satisfied

MrOneEyedBoh
04-26-2020, 01:24 PM
Thanks guys. What I'm after is a matte shine, I don't like glossy glossy. Some gloss is okay tho

The Guz
04-26-2020, 01:32 PM
Go the tire coating route if you want longevity. Tuff shine is a matte finish. Mckees is nicer in that it lasts longer but is a tad glossier than tuff shine.

Bruno Soares
04-26-2020, 02:36 PM
The other McKee’s tire shine (SiO2 enhanced) lasts longer and has less shine than the gel so you might like it.