CarPro CQuartz DLUX streaks?

dogga85

Reaction score
Hey All,

So i've applied CarPro CQuartz DLUX to my brand new cars exterior plastics. I've noticed on my headlights there's slight streaking, it's not white coloured, but if i look closely i can see streaks like paint brush marks. Is there anything i can do to get rid of it? Or am I better off just leaving it and it will eventually go away by itself? I have noticed the same thing on some black material i applied it too. I don't really want to use anything abbrasive on the new headlights i'm assuming.

Nothing you can do now, short of compounding it off. It will wear off. Next time think, thin is in.

On smooth plastics, like a headlight, it needs to be leveled with a towel and you have to watch for high spots. I’m guessing you didn’t level it? Or is it just a high spot (excess of coating you missed wiping off).

On textured plastic you apply it as level as you can and leave it alone, no need to wipe off.

I used the supplied applicator block etc and followed the instructions, it said not to leave it too thin so i obviously left it too thick... lol. It said nothing about wiping it off though... I'm just hoping it comes off by itself eventually?

On smooth plastics, like a headlight, it needs to be leveled with a towel and you have to watch for high spots. I’m guessing you didn’t level it? Or is it just a high spot (excess of coating you missed wiping off).

On textured plastic you apply it as level as you can and leave it alone, no need to wipe off.

:iagree: When leveling, do not continue to wipe off. One or two passes is enough. If you continue to wipe it, will start to cure and become sticky and then you have a mess on your hand.

So I will be safe and it will eventually come off by itself and i can do it again properly? How long does this stuff last / take to come off? lol

So I will be safe and it will eventually come off by itself and i can do it again properly? How long does this stuff last / take to come off? lol

It won't do any harm. It's very durable and depending on your environment it could last up to a year.

Did you do your wheels?

Yeah i did my wheels and they don't have any issues

Back