PDA

View Full Version : PPF over BF AIO, a good idea or not?

bcgreen
11-02-2020, 02:34 PM
If the paint is in pretty good shape but has some scratches and marring that are gone using the aio, would it stay that way under PPF or should I go through paint correction?

98CayenneTA
11-03-2020, 06:25 AM
If the paint is in pretty good shape but has some scratches and marring that are gone using the aio, would it stay that way under PPF or should I go through paint correction?

If the scratches are removed why do you think the scratches would come back under the PPF ?
(If I interrupted your question correct.....)

If you're getting at a product having slight fillers, the scratches that were filled would show before the PPF is applied because like a ceramic coating, PPF needs to be applied to bare clear and everything needs to be stripped off.

bcgreen
11-03-2020, 08:18 AM
I realize now that aio is not appropriate to use because the ppf will not adhere to the paint because of the wax.

FUNX650
11-03-2020, 08:30 AM
I realize now that aio is not appropriate
to use because the ppf will not adhere
to the paint because of the wax.

:props:

Bob

The Guz
11-03-2020, 10:51 AM
I posted this on your thread over on Autopia.

This may open your eyes a bit. Check out the 6 min mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Weu-3g1ZQtQ&ab_channel=PresidentialAutomotiveDetailing

Calendyr
11-04-2020, 12:56 AM
To apply PPF panel must be nano-ceramic coating free and must be degreased first.

Also, there is no need to make paint perfect under a PPF, defects will not show. I did not believe that until I saw Scott H. do a video on it. The PPF was able to completely hide heavy sandpaper scratches.... here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrtxwxsRVuw

bcgreen
11-04-2020, 09:00 AM
Incredible, I had no idea.

Calendyr
11-04-2020, 05:50 PM
Incredible, I had no idea.

I was shocked when I saw it. I was told the complete opposite, that PPF acted as a magnifying glass and made all imperfections stand out...

fly07sti
11-04-2020, 06:45 PM
I was shocked when I saw it. I was told the complete opposite, that PPF acted as a magnifying glass and made all imperfections stand out...

Unfortunately there are some reputable shops that sell complete vehicle PPF wrap along with full correction and coating and a polisher never touches the paint. We’re talking $8k-$10k jobs here.

Calendyr
11-06-2020, 04:11 AM
Unfortunately there are some reputable shops that sell complete vehicle PPF wrap along with full correction and coating and a polisher never touches the paint. We’re talking $8k-$10k jobs here.

Coating over the PPF makes sense. The full correction looks like it doesn't.